QuittingAdderall.com Forums

resume question

Heather67

So glad I have friends on here that have some pretty savvy career experience ....I don't think I've ever had a resume!!! To put together all the huge gaps of giving birth...job...stay at home with the kids....part time job,etc. I feel that may be impossible..but even in a situation where an application is involved....how do I explain this last stretch???? Had a great waitress job for almost 4 years...then my boss caught wind of my husbands issues and figured me a liability...so I was on unemployment for a year following that...my ex boss would state I was a good employee if someone inquired tho...he is a douche but I saw him do it that way when people used him on an application. The shit with my husbands heroin/crime spree did get to where I didn't look for a job due to the instability of the home front. But Ive been out of work from Sept 2011...like a year and a half!!!!! What the fuck do I say about that....vague and using personal issues sounds like ummmmm...shit!!!! Yes corporate dude...my husband was a junky!!!! Ughhhh!! These are not security clearance positions...waiting tables or retail perhaps. HELP!!!!

Heather I'd be more than happy to help you out - pm me!

me too -- I'm here if you need an extra pair of eyes! Off the top of my head I would just say "children." You have like 4 right? Also play the single mom card, you and your husband are (physically) separated. I know many women who have not worked for 10 years due to child-rearing. Play up your skills - both in the workplace and @ home.

Yup 4...ages 15 ,12,9 and 3. Fastest ass-wiper,diaper changer in the west.LOL. we have a Michael's opening soon...not my favorite kind of job..but I've been outta the loop for awhile ...its right in Westerly ..not walkable but bout a 10 min ride..and his daycare is 5 min into that ride...so the radius is doable.ill work with people I.know for rides plus ill hook up with fellow employees....gotta get the Fuck up and make something happen....we all need it here. His daycare will be covered by the state too...so that's cool. This is just really at the mental breaking point around here...and no one's gonna hand u shit!!!

Don't forget to also include on your resume any relevant volunteer experience you've done during those employment gaps. I had a 9 yr stint of only very p/t work and I transitioned got into full-time with an organization based on just my related volunteer experience. I didn't even have that much time invested in it (how could I with 4 kids/school/pt work) but I was able to highlight it well on the resume and it caught their attention... now if I could just swing that again.

UGH! I HATE job searching. .. and "networking" and having an "in" is really how to get a job, but I feel like Eleanor Rigby these days. I have no schmooze skills whatsoever,do you find yourself in much the same predicament? I may just find a short-term volunteer gig for a bit and hopefully make some connections again through that, but man,... cash flow is tight.

Cash flow is non exsistence...so is sanity and my purpose. I have to work around the car thing for now and just make it happen...my moms here for weekends and my Nana in law for week days..and ill meet other employees...I'm gonna make this shit go!!!! HURDLES BE DAMNED.....RUNNING START AND GET THE FUCK OUTTA MY WAY I HAVE SCRAPBOOKING SUPPLIES TO SELL!!! ;)

• Like 1

How to Get a Job at Michaels link

http://www.ehow.com/...-michael_s.html

I really like the idea of what Lea said...that you've been raising kids and now your looking to work your way back in. That sounds like its a pretty standard thing...not a red flag.

Or you could use my attempt to cover my adderall years ..."a family health issue that has since been resolved" That worked too..

• Like 1

Agree with MFA that schmoozing/networking/interviewing is so much easier and more natural off Adderall, so you've got that going for you!

I kind of cringe to think about the series of interviews I did a couple months ago when I was frequently taking two 50 mg of Vyvanse a day. Awkward city. Thank goodness I still managed to convince my current job to hire me.

Hey sister Ben reading your post about getting out and finding a job . I think its a great idea you probably have cabin fever by now getting out will help your mental health substantially its all good Every one falls on hard times in there life noting to be embarrassed about your husbands history has nothing to do with your working skills the subject of your husband should not even come out in your interview jest say you are separated that’s it. Don’t be discouraged if you don’t find a job right away you will get a lot of no before you get a yes. Its a numbers game the more applications you have calculating out there your odes ore more in your favor in finding that job be persistent and not discouraged .

Your friend FALCON

• Like 1

I love that its UNDERWEARS...NOT UNDERWEAR. I'm pretty psyched at the prospect of this job...money yes....but getting back into society. When my husband was here life was beyond sick...I exposed noone to it. It was isolation to the extreme. And now that I know I'm livingnon the up and up....I really want to get back into being nice to people and working hard and maybe even advance....I've never advanced. I've just settled. It will me good for me socializing...and my son at school as well...he needs people other than mommy. I Can be hard on him....due to extreme frustration...this will end that. This is the break I need that was never gonna be handed to me...I have to make it happen. Thank you guys for being part of so many new beginnings I hope!!!!

So guys I did complete the lengthy application...well actually the timed rational thinking test...and the 12 page different.scenario sections were long. I think I did really good!"!" I really want to get out there and make shit happen for me and my son...even if I'm struggling to do it...I want to be our structure. I want a place of our own...show I have the drive to do it...and.I'm surrounded by felt...my felt food obsession will thrive. I'm so excited and I hope they call me....that's when I'm really gonna shine for us and for all we've survived and for all we can become!!!! Fingers crossed for me!!!!

Hey thanks my girls...you've been there and.know so much of my story....and I.have been hung up on the how am I gonna,how can this plus this -this...I felt trapped,literally by all that I don't have ..by .people that I ask for a favor that can never seem to come thru on the end they said they would..I was very used to being let down by people that said they would always be there like the man I.married......IM FUCKIN TIRED.OF IT NOW. I AM GONNA GO GET MY OWN. Adderall will have no hold on me in the work place....I have gotten used to doing everything without it...I am a drag ass...stewing in emotinal shit when I have time to think about it. I miss the fuck outta getting me and my son ready in the morning...taking him to the sitter..going to a job..having some laughs and working..then getting my son and home for dinner and baths..putting him to bed and feeling like I was productive in our life. That's a good day. We have not had that in over a year...we were casualties addiction. My whole adult life i have never been on my.own. went from mommy to a marriage...divorced..back to mom...then moved in with Brian...and now back with her. I want a place of my own this time for us....so that if things don't work out when he gets out.....I am not left in the dust due to dependency. So its just a job at at Michael's but so much is riding on this...I want to do for my self and Christian more than I want anything....

And I'm not waiting for it to find me anymore...I must now get off my ass and quest for a good life like I did for a pill. Its long over do.