QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Random Awesome Stuff You Learn Every Day

Today what I learned is that consumers will pay more for candy in expensive-looking packages. But shiny labels on wine bottles signify less expensive wines. Dull labels signify more expensive wines.

That's fascinating! (btw it's weird, as soon as I saw that picture I wanted chocolate... ahh the power of the mind).

Today I learned in studies on stress levels of baboons in natural colonies in Africa, the weaker, lower-pecking-order baboons suffer from high blood pressure, pulmonary diseases, reproductive malfunction and usually die earlier. They also have a lower pain tolerance and demonstrate symptoms of depression. They carry weight around their midsection, and produce higher levels of cortisol. Offspring of lower-pecking-order baboons are more likely to die young or be victims of "bullying" by other baboons and be forced out of the colonies.

That's fascinating! (btw it's weird, as soon as I saw that picture I wanted chocolate... ahh the power of the mind).

Today I learned in studies on stress levels of baboons in natural colonies in Africa, the weaker, lower-pecking-order baboons suffer from high blood pressure, pulmonary diseases, reproductive malfunction and usually die earlier. They also have a lower pain tolerance and demonstrate symptoms of depression. They carry weight around their midsection, and produce higher levels of cortisol. Offspring of lower-pecking-order baboons are more likely to die young or be victims of "bullying" by other baboons and be forced out of the colonies.

Good ol' Darwin at work!

The average person swallows eight spiders per year in their sleep...emot-puke.gif(I learned this after watching The Simpsons then googled..)

Seriously?! Cute emoticon, btw. But I don't think I've even seen eight spiders in my current house!

Speaking of spiders, the huntsman spider is enormous and lives everywhere where I grew up. It's mostly harmless, but hopefully I didn't swallow too many of these buggers growing up!

huntsman spider poisonous