QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Random Awesome Stuff You Learn Every Day

I learned that eating too fast causes a myriad of ill effects... I myself have been eating too fast. today I ate slowly, chewed a lot, and by golly it worked! symptoms are gone... I think. lesson learned: chew your food! digestion starts in the mouth, not in the hands.

Was looking at that link closely again just now and noticed the Japanese Spider Crab being similar in size to the human.

Though that couldn't be right so wikipedia'd it and yep, the japanese spider crab can grow up to 3.8m in length and can live up to 100 years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_spider_crab

I've been watching the BBC documentary about Auschwitz. Morbid and shocking. My grandfathers both fought in WWII, it doesn't honestly feel like such a long time ago when you see arial shots of the ruins. There is even some rare color footage of refugees from the camp finding their way back home after the war.

1.3 Million people were at Auschwitz.

1.1 Million died, including not just Jews but Polish, Russian and Romanian political prisoners; and gypsies and homosexuals from all over Nazi occupied Europe.

200,000 children were executed.

Lest we forget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...itz_facts.shtml

Edit: It's also a well known fact that Hitler took high doses of amphetamines and believed the Jews were out to destroy him and the world in general.

• Like 1

I've been watching the BBC documentary about Auschwitz. Morbid and shocking. My grandfathers both fought in WWII, it doesn't honestly feel like such a long time ago when you see arial shots of the ruins. There is even some rare color footage of refugees from the camp finding their way back home after the war.

1.3 Million people were at Auschwitz.

1.1 Million died, including not just Jews but Polish, Russian and Romanian political prisoners; and gypsies and homosexuals from all over Nazi occupied Europe.

200,000 children were executed.

Lest we forget.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...itz_facts.shtml

Edit: It's also a well known fact that Hitler took high doses of amphetamines and believed the Jews were out to destroy him and the world in general.

I saw that documentary. It is chilling.

• 2 weeks later...

I read this today on www.sciencedaily.com

Groups of active rats and sedentary rats were selectively bred for ten generations. The active rats were ten more times more likely to run on their wheels than the lazy rats. 36 different genes were identified to be associated with higher levels of rat activity. Active rats comprised only 5% of the general rat population.

Something to consider the next time you lament your loss of energy during adderall recovery! :)

I learned what my last name means from someone who knows the dead language from whence it originates. Loosely translated, (and allowing for poetic license given the cover of anonymity), it means sheep from the west paddock. So there you go.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One more reason to quit adderall:

There is an article in the NYT Health Section about the relationship between resting heart rate and death. Somebody with a resting heart rate of 90 bpm is three times more likely to die (from any cause) that somebody with a heart rate of 50 bpm

My resting heart rate on adderall was 110-120 bpm.

My resting heart rate after adderall returned to 50-60 bpm

I would like to think I have cheated death by quitting adderall before causing permanent heart damage. Maybe I have also prevented a stroke. Or Parkinsons Disease. Or kidney/liver problems. Or baldness or fatness or GERD, or psychosis or failure.

I have no regrets for using it and certainly no regrets for quitting it.

• Like 2

Today I learned that mormons believe black people are black because god cursed them.

Book of Mormon

Wherefore, as they were white and exceedingly fair and delightsome, that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them (2 Nephi 5:21)