QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Speech 1

ashley6

I did it!!! My professor said it was an excellent, and I got a 100%. Thanks everyone for all of your support over something that shouldn't be a big deal, but it was huge to me. MFA, this means you're going to do great, because YOU SAID SO :)

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. I'm not normally superstitious but you have no idea what kind of good karma I feel like this gives me...

Right, back to practicing in front of my teddy bear :)

InRecovery,

How are classes going?

alright Ashley. I handed in a 8 page paper this morning which Id been working on over the weekend and I think sent me into PAWS in the process. But I got through it!!

I had a 3 hour class this morning that NO amount of coffee can keep me awake through. I wasnt paying attention in class to anything she was saying but i still somehow managed to answer the question when i was called on! must be some sort of innate ability that students discover..emot-LOL.gif

This is EXACTLY what I needed to hear today. I'm not normally superstitious but you have no idea what kind of good karma I feel like this gives me...

Right, back to practicing in front of my teddy bear :)

Can I send good karma via the Internet? Like a little package of it your way? You're going to do best and that will be great, adderall-freeeee. We're all pulling for you!

• Like 1

alright Ashley. I handed in a 8 page paper this morning which Id been working on over the weekend and I think sent me into PAWS in the process. But I got through it!!

I had a 3 hour class this morning that NO amount of coffee can keep me awake through. I wasnt paying attention in class to anything she was saying but i still somehow managed to answer the question when i was called on! must be some sort of innate ability that students discover..emot-LOL.gif

Who could stay awake during a boring 3-hour class besides a tweaker? No one probably. Keep up the hard work, and it sounds like you've calmed down a little bit about it, no?

ashley6

Hay you did it baby I new you would that’s why I left you alone its like doing a bungee jump you are scared as hell to jump off the bridge butt once you jump and survive your first jump its all fun and you want to jump again and again that’s where your at right now you made the jump now every time you need to address a audience the fear will not return Elvis has left the building congratulations.

Your brother FALCON

Who could stay awake during a boring 3-hour class besides a tweaker? No one probably. Keep up the hard work, and it sounds like you've calmed down a little bit about it, no?

absoutely. Anyone who stays awake during THAT class should have to undergo adderall blood testing..

I HAVE calmed down from the beginning. There was so much flying at me, and total 180 in lifestyle. I was being easy onmyself for a long time after quitting adderall and now ... well, not so easy. but learning more how i can push myself from within...

I had a smaller freak out last week, when i started working (about 20 hours a week) in addition to all the studying & papers...but i think the shock and newness of this whole thing is starting to recede... it really was a big shock to the system at first..thx for checking up...about to take an accounting quiz now..

• 3 weeks later...

I got a 90% on my second speech, would've been a 100 had I not gone over in time. Yaaay! I even made some jokes up there and got some laughs. I'm not at all bragging when I post this stuff, it just reminds me that I'm having success on the other side, the better side, even if it is a 100-level speech class.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I finished my last speech in public speaking just now. I got an A on every speech. I feel like this is such an accomplishment for me because Adderall made me believe I physically could not get in front of people because of the paranoia. I honestly wouldn't have cared if I got a C in the class, because I overcame my fear of public speaking, which only could've happened adderall-free. 1 class away from graduating....yaay!

• Like 2

good job, Ashley. My self-confidence has also gradually returned and my paranoia has declined too.

I can't believe how hung up I became on "privacy" stuff. It makes me realize how mentally unstable I had become as an addict.

What is the "one class" you need to finish, and when can you graduate?

Quit-once,

Thank you. It's great to get that natural self-confidence back, isn't it? The one class I have left is middle childhood-adolescent development. My goal is to take it this summer, but my college isn't being very helpful in helping me find a replacement course, since I can't be on campus to take it. It's really frustrating, because I'm so ready for this degree that's been a LONG time coming.

I finished my last speech in public speaking just now. I got an A on every speech. I feel like this is such an accomplishment for me because Adderall made me believe I physically could not get in front of people because of the paranoia. I honestly wouldn't have cared if I got a C in the class, because I overcame my fear of public speaking, which only could've happened adderall-free. 1 class away from graduating....yaay!

Hell yeah girl no surprise there!

Way to go Ashley! Needing adderall to get an A is such a myth isn't it? Good job, it was all you in that class. The real you.