QuittingAdderall.com Forums

quittingadderall's SCARY parallel universe

Greg

i stumbled across our kind of funny parallel universe.

http://www.unexplain...dex.php?act=idx

why parallel universe? I think they use the same board or forum technology as us. But they seem to have more features and functionality than us. I was thinking if there are ideas we see on their site we would like to include on this site as well, maybe we can put in a request to Mike? like blog functionality which they have. It might be as simple as Mike clicking a button to activate a feature since they are using the same technology.

Thoughts?

(I stumbled onto this website because i saw the creeeeeeepiest movie (Haunting in Connecticut 2),

hide.gif

which was based on a true story that was featured on unsolved mysteries and so i went looking on the internet for more on that true story that inspired it)...

that emoticon is your best yet, IR! I did this weird kind of cackle out loud when I saw it. And who has a couch that purple?!

Want to see our weird cousin?

http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/

and they even have an adderall thread!

http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/index.php?/forum/87-stimulants/

some things are nice when they're complex and multifaceted, some things are great simple. Like craigslist, it's nice that it's remained the same over the years... I kind of feel like this sites simplicity is nice, and to the point.

Its bottom line is as a safe place to get and give support, and I think it's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for, especially when you first arrive and aren't familiar with the layout or what's available yet...

I like it as it is myself...

that emoticon is your best yet, IR! I did this weird kind of cackle out loud when I saw it. And who has a couch that purple?!

Want to see our weird cousin?

http://www.crazymeds.us/CrazyTalk/

and they even have an adderall thread!

http://www.crazymeds.../87-stimulants/

That is crazy. quitting adderall threads on a site that looks like our but is not ours.

looks like we have a lot of "unique" cousings

http://taboard.com/f...dex.php?act=idx

MFA, my personal favorite is below. and I am trying to find a way to use this one in context.

starwars.gif

• Like 1

they definitely have better signatures over there... there's list all their ailments and everything they're taking for them, AND their avatars are pics of cats!! Later guys, I'm heading over to their boards!!!

see sky, we can glean ideas from them and put them here!!! what do you all think?

see a feature. add it to this thread and then compile a wish list to give to Mike (if he has the time)

I did already ask Mike for some more emoticons and he's going to hook us up..he says he has to just upload them.

they definitely have better signatures over there... there's list all their ailments and everything they're taking for them, AND their avatars are pics of cats!! Later guys, I'm heading over to their boards!!!

we could be so much bigger, you know, adderall stories are always covered all over the media...

woahh..they are really advanced. i just perused their site. hmmmm...they DO have pretty good signatures.

edit - emot-questioned.gif maybe our avatars should have a theme, like all animated characters...like Mike's.

we could be so much bigger, you know, adderall stories are always covered all over the media...

doesn't appeal to me.

This place is sacred like an AA or NA meeting. They don't allow news or media to invade. News and Media is looking for stories, but not out of the goodness of their hearts, it's revenue. So they don't have our or anyone's best interest in mind.

I'm not saying I don't believe that the dangers of adderall use and abuse shouldn't be disseminated, but I didn't come here to spread the word to the masses, I came here to get help with quitting, and to give help to others, one on one, not to the world at large.

• Like 2

NOOOO!

Oh fine. Go fix your problems in the supermarket with all its tidy aisles and organized sock drawers.... :) When you get tired of the mall, we'll be here in Margaritaville just hangin out and enjoying each other's company.... and putting up with InRecovery's star wars emoticons because they're cute, you know, like a kid's drawing that you put on your fridge.

COZ WE IS FAMILY DUDE. And cats suck. :P

woahh..they are really advanced. i just perused their site. hmmmm...they DO have pretty good signatures.

edit - emot-questioned.gif maybe our avatars should have a theme, like all animated characters...like Mike's.

oh what have I done?!? Do not abandon us!

doesn't appeal to me.

This place is sacred like an AA or NA meeting. They don't allow news or media to invade. News and Media is looking for stories, but not out of the goodness of their hearts, it's revenue. So they don't have our or anyone's best interest in mind.

I'm not saying I don't believe that the dangers of adderall use and abuse shouldn't be disseminated, but I didn't come here to spread the word to the masses, I came here to get help with quitting, and to give help to others, one on one, not to the world at large.

It is pretty rare to find a site like this without advertising of any kind. I find the ads to be distracting, and I agree with Sky 100%. I could have just cliked the like button and spared you all this useless tidbit. But the lack of advertising is what really mades this site special. I assume that Mike pays for the operation of this site out of his own pocket and from the unlikely event he receives an occasional donation.

forget it.

I think you were trying to suggest that the forum remains the same, but with increased functionality. Like having gifs as profile pics, and maybe a blog functionality, is that right? I don't disagree, but I do like the simplicity of this site.

all I'm saying is that it's nice the way it is... can you imagine how it would be if it were huge, if it were published and written about so that there were simple links folks could click on and sign up and start posting/ trolling/ saying dumb shit like the internet is wont to do? We all SEEKED out this website (like my all caps use of a non word?) we tried to find info, and found this site. And right now it is a damn nice community of folks- we all know each other, quip, look forward to coming here and posting and hanging out... but can you imagine the same site much larger, where you didn't know anyone anymore, didn't like the folks who posted and trolled and said dumb shit... or what if we got 10 new people every day posting their stories...? As it is we get someone new every couple days, and there is enough attention given to them by us that they feel welcome, they like it here, and they stick around... and the amount of spam we get is tolerable and manageable, and it's easy to get to know who's who... etc.... that comes at the price of not hoping for some sort of fame. It's a nice hidden corner of the internet and folks come here by way of their own searching, and seeking, and then they find us with open arms. All that would go away if the media wrote about this site and all of a sudden we were hit with thousands of new folks a day... I think.

• Like 1

all I'm saying is that it's nice the way it is... can you imagine how it would be if it were huge, if it were published and written about so that there were simple links folks could click on and sign up and start posting/ trolling/ saying dumb shit like the internet is wont to do? We all SEEKED out this website (like my all caps use of a non word?) we tried to find info, and found this site. And right now it is a damn nice community of folks- we all know each other, quip, look forward to coming here and posting and hanging out... but can you imagine the same site much larger, where you didn't know anyone anymore, didn't like the folks who posted and trolled and said dumb shit... or what if we got 10 new people every day posting their stories...? As it is we get someone new every couple days, and there is enough attention given to them by us that they feel welcome, they like it here, and they stick around... and the amount of spam we get is tolerable and manageable, and it's easy to get to know who's who... etc.... that comes at the price of not hoping for some sort of fame. It's a nice hidden corner of the internet and folks come here by way of their own searching, and seeking, and then they find us with open arms. All that would go away if the media wrote about this site and all of a sudden we were hit with thousands of new folks a day... I think.

right, no thats a good point. a very good point.

I love this forum the way it is. I like the fact that the "everything else here for now" has been "for now" forever. I like that when someone is new and "tells their story" we all gather around and help out, and support each other and repeat others' comments and call each other out when we've said something not quite right, but in a nice way.

The internet is so full of negativity. I've never seen a forum where there is such genuine care and where people really add value to each other's lives as they go through addiction, recovery and beyond.

I have really grown to care about the people on this forum. Like THE FALCON says, we are one awesome dysfunctional family and I wouldn't want it any other way.

• Like 1

Sky, if "seeked" is not a word it should be the way you used it above. "Sought" just does not have the same meaning.

Edit: I just saw MFA's post above and want to comment on the fact we do care about each other even though we have never met in person. When InRecovery went MIA for three months last summer, I became really concerned for his well-being. I was pretty sure he didn't relapse, but I started worying about illnesses and accidents and other bad things. And I am generally an Alfred E Newman type - "what, me worry?"

• Like 2

I love this site and I've read so many before I found this one. Yes some have cool avatars and interesting functions but I like this one for it's simplicity - which to me communicates purity of message... The message is consistent and as a recovering addict that's about all I can handle! Many of the other sites in the parallel universe are entertaining while flyin high and great means of procrastination ... this one has actually helped me AND made me want to help others. Meetings are great but no drug resonates with me as much as this one.