QuittingAdderall.com Forums

With 10 days left till I start the new job, I'm thinking of starting Paleo tomorrow. What does everyone think? Can I do it without an adjustment period?

I feel like any major diet change like that should be made semi gradually, so you start building up habits, and learn to prefer eating that way. I have never heard of anyone having long term success by instantly jumping on a diet change-- it doesn't stick, because we haven't built up enough of a taste for the new diet, and miss the foods that have been cut too much. I think it's more sustainable to start incorporating certain foods and cutting others, slowly. And, to forgive yourself if you 'cheat' a little here and there, while maintaining your focus.

Anyway, GO FOR IT MFA!!!

talk about sudden changes..................::::

so I've been experiencing some gut issues for like the past few months. I've been doing a ton of reading online and think I know the problem-- I think I have an overgrowth of candida in my gut. It's naturally there, but given the right circumstances and conditions it can over grow and become unhealthy.... it thrives on sugars in all forms. So yesterday I didn't eat any types of sugars and all symptoms abated... sooooo pretty much if I want it to go away (I do) I have to radically change my diet to one consisting of NO sugars in any form--- fruits, dairy, carbs, even natural sweeteners like agave and honey, etc.... nada... it's pretty tough cooking that way. But from what I've read, if you starve it of sugar it dies off and then in like 6 months you can start to reintroduce sugars.... fun times. I have a doctors appt coming up, I'll see what he says, but cutting out sugar definitely made a difference. One things for sure, I'm gonna have some ripped ass abs.

• Like 1

Sky, I have a history if candida in my family - my mother can't eat yeast, my sister has a yeast related skin condition, so it could be the case with me as well. I just find carbs the only thing that keeps me satisfied for any period of time. I only eat whole wheat (except when I'm eating pizza so there goes that one).

Today I only ate vegan whole grain english muffins with vegan butter and agave syrup (x 3 because I'm too lazy to go out) and so I guess that's better than snackwells and diet coke... ?

did you know that one of the effects is ADD like symptoms, if not ADD? and also depression. And also a craving for sugars. Its pretty interesting how much it can adversely affect peoples lives and how it might be so easily overlooked... I seriously think that getting rid of it might really turn things around for me- hopefully my nagging low level depression will go away, mood swings, concentration and brain fog... People should really read up on it. Candida

talk about sudden changes..................::::

So yesterday I didn't eat any types of sugars and all symptoms abated... sooooo pretty much if I want it to go away (I do) I have to radically change my diet to one consisting of NO sugars in any form--- fruits, dairy, carbs, even natural sweeteners like agave and honey, etc.... nada... it's pretty tough cooking that way. But from what I've read, if you starve it of sugar it dies off and then in like 6 months you can start to reintroduce sugars.... fun times. I have a doctors appt coming up, I'll see what he says, but cutting out sugar definitely made a difference. One things for sure, I'm gonna have some ripped ass abs.

That's for sure :D !!

did you know that one of the effects is ADD like symptoms, if not ADD? and also depression. And also a craving for sugars. Its pretty interesting how much it can adversely affect peoples lives and how it might be so easily overlooked... I seriously think that getting rid of it might really turn things around for me- hopefully my nagging low level depression will go away, mood swings, concentration and brain fog... People should really read up on it. Candida

I have been living without sugar and flour and milk now for about four months. Initially I cut all the carbs and then gradually re-introduced potatoes and rice, but in very small doses. I buy only sugar free candy and Atkins brand candy bars and sugar free jello cups. I eat only low-carb yogurt-like dairy blends. All berries are great because they have a fairly low sugar content.

Sky, you might have to eat some eggs and meat, however. Are you opposed to eating animals for religious or health reasons? I like to fast for at least 12 hours each day, and my first meal is breakfast food (eggs and meat) eaten around noon. I do not eat snack foods. I always include a green salad with my largest meal of the day. I eat all kinds of meat, eggs and fish. And all kinds of veggies, but not too much of the starchy veggies (spuds, parsnips, winter squash) and limit the legumes (peas and beans) too. Beer is bad news. So are most fruit juices.

I believe I had a candida problem, too, and this sugar-flour-milk free diet made me feel better with no mood swings and lots of energy. Whenever I "relapse" on sugar or flour it takes me about a day to recover. Also, no GERD anymore and my weight has been stable all winter. In my opinion, you just can't go wrong if you eat like you are a diabetic, unless you have a cholesterol problem.

edit: if your food is white, it's not allright.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting article on antibiotics in meat:

http://www.louise.ho...eases&Itemid=55

Holy shit! I just read the abstract of the science study and it said that this research ......."supports the liklihood of zoonotic transmission" of MRSA from cows to people in Denmark. And that more americans die from MRSA than HIV each year.

Thanks for that link, and I think you have a great congresswoman too, MFA.

Forks over Knives was a brilliant doc. I just watched Food Matters and am now curious if it really is our governments wish to restrict the use of vitamins and healthy foods in favor of meds. I mean, even my doc didn't suggest Adderall being the culprit behind my laundry list of health issues. For Pete's sakes, my hair was falling out. Would it have been so hard to mention, get whatcha eating and drinking these days? Oh nothing? Except the vending machine at school every once in a while? Hmmmm you may want to stop that.