QuittingAdderall.com Forums

update on me!!

mkatiara

hey guys,

so i've officially been adderall-free for THREE DAYS NOW!!!! i actually went the gradual route, and it worked so far for me. The second day was the toughest for me, I actually didn't even have the energy to come here and write about it. But today has been good! I got a 90 on my political science quiz, the first test i've taken without the help of adderall!! it wasn't a super long quiz or anything, but it had a lot of emotional significance to me... it gave me the realization that i really CAN do this. I have of course been eating a lot... just walked to safeway and bought some girl scout cookies and some apple slices. then as i was walking back i just stopped and admired the arizona sunset.... i can't remember the last time i just took time to admire the beauty of our world. as dumb as that may sound, i was almost in tears. I know it's going to be a long road (i was out by 9 pm yesterday, of course im still pretty tired), but i think i've got this... last week i honestly didn't think it was possible. but im starting to FEEL things again. i'm starting to geniounly care about people the way that I always knew that I did. I'm starting to get a bit of my sparkle back...and I can't thank you guys enough for helping me get here.

-Alli :)

p.s. here's the picture of the sunset tonight...thought I'd share:)

post-1701-0-44031600-1360372197_thumb.jp

• Like 3

I know it's going to be a long road (i was out by 9 pm yesterday, of course im still pretty tired), but i think i've got this... last week i honestly didn't think it was possible.

Alli,

I owe you an apology. I haven't seen an instance yet of someone who's managed to go from being in such a stranglehold with adderall to freedom by the step down method. It didn't work for me, and I think most of us quit cold turkey which for us was the only way.

You showed the most amazing strength through this, more than I think quitting cold turkey in a way, because the temptation seems greater somehow when you know the pills are there if you want them.

Congratulations on 48 hours clean, you are on the way to recovery. Your brain will thank you in a just a short period of time. Allow it to heal!

• Like 1

Congrats on your quit. Too bad you're in Tucson and not phoenix! Just want you know that it does not get better every day like sky said. Recovery is a non-linear process full of ups and downs, good days and bad days, and is a true test of patience. Remember this on your bad days and know that in the long run you will be so much better off without the shackles of adderall weighing you down. You can do this :)

• Like 1

Thank you so much everyone, this means more to me than you know. Still clean, still going strong, but still greatful to have been able to get here. And to motiviation follows action, no need to apologize! you are 100% correct, it is a very risky route to go. i think that although the adderall was dulling it down, i knew in my heart that i needed to commit. and i truly believe that nothing was going to stop me from doing that once it was engrained deep in my mind & heart. so for anyone else that is struggling, remember that you can do anything if you truly believe that you can.

<3 alli

hey guys,

so i've officially been adderall-free for THREE DAYS NOW!!!! i actually went the gradual route, and it worked so far for me. The second day was the toughest for me, I actually didn't even have the energy to come here and write about it. But today has been good! I got a 90 on my political science quiz, the first test i've taken without the help of adderall!! it wasn't a super long quiz or anything, but it had a lot of emotional significance to me... it gave me the realization that i really CAN do this. I have of course been eating a lot... just walked to safeway and bought some girl scout cookies and some apple slices. then as i was walking back i just stopped and admired the arizona sunset.... i can't remember the last time i just took time to admire the beauty of our world. as dumb as that may sound, i was almost in tears. I know it's going to be a long road (i was out by 9 pm yesterday, of course im still pretty tired), but i think i've got this... last week i honestly didn't think it was possible. but im starting to FEEL things again. i'm starting to geniounly care about people the way that I always knew that I did. I'm starting to get a bit of my sparkle back...and I can't thank you guys enough for helping me get here.

-Alli :)

p.s. here's the picture of the sunset tonight...thought I'd share:)

Congrats on the 90 you got. I bet it is one of the best 90s u ever got.

I totally get the significance.

Is am on my ipad so I can't pull up a clapping emoticon. Otherwise I would. Clap clap.