QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Chat open sessions on Tuesdays

Well I wouldn't go so far as say "leading" but we thought it would be a nice idea to have a general chance for us to catch up live, share challenges and accomplishments with/without adderall. I guess we'll make it up as we go along!

You've just reminded me I think we said 8-9 before, so I think I may have just caused mass confusion....

hey MFA, I came at 9 at i was the only one there. ah well. i guess a different time. You know everyone on the floor in my building is supposed to swap 'a bag of goodies' with someone else on the floor in a 'get to know a neighbor' thing. its supposed to be happening right now. ..but that doesnt seem to be working out either. :(

wait a sec, both events eventually happened. I got my bag of goodies to drop off to a neighbor and that was a GREAT meeting.

thanks for putting up the reminder MFA...

edit - where were you all??? QO, Cassie, Sky, Cat, Searching Soul, Occasional01, Heather and so many others...

wait a sec, both events eventually happened. I got my bag of goodies to drop off to a neighbor and that was a GREAT meeting.

thanks for putting up the reminder MFA...

edit - where were you all??? QO, Cassie, Sky, Cat, Searching Soul, Occasional01, Heather and so many others...

Thanks for posting this InRecovery. Sorry I was late - life interrupted.

What did everyone else think of the session? Should we make the next one a bit more focused, like "tips for recovery" or "living adderall free for life" or something, or should we just make it a general hangout?

Also I noticed there were a couple of visitors - should we outwardly say hi or just let them come in and out as they like...? Want it to feel welcoming, you know?

I think we should say HI to them and make them feel welcome...

I like the idea of making it "tips for recovery" etc...etc...we could try that next week and see how it works out??? great idea.. If it doesn't work out we could just go back to it being a hangout.

By the way, perhaps we should change the time of our meeting. It seems like this one conflicted with Cassie's work schedule?

Also, it was really helpful when you put up a reminder last week! If you do one next week, i hope the title of this post doesn't confuse anyone? maybe we should delete the title or something..

I don't usually work that late. It was a last minute lecture someone asked me to do. I do work nights sometimes but those hours vary so don't worry about accommodating my schedule. Do what's convenient for you guys and I'll try to get on the chat at some point. :)

I know I don't know everyone, but I pop in from time to time when I realize the only people that might understand are right here. It's 4am and I got married last week which makes me so happy and so ready to get healthy and do what I can do that will get my head right (freed from the pill habitual). My head feels better and I'm in love, but I still have that old monkey weighing me down.

Have you guys trialed any meetings? Are they chat sessions like an old school chat room or what? I am so down to do a metting/ chat whatever. My problem w/ this site is it doesn't let me know what's going on through email or anything and it's hard for me to find where my last chat session was etc.

I guess I need to do the intro thing where I tell my story. I've been meaning to but I hate typing, and my story is ten years long... where to begin how to recap it all. I know that's pathetic... oh yeah and I have ADD and a lil dyslexia. But I'm super truthful, non-judgemental , loving, I'm sarcastic and love laughing and being silly

I will post soon... I think if I learned the site better I could be more in touch.. I think that telling your story is a first step in saying we want to change and looking at yourself in the mirror so to speak.

I know this place is the best for me...

That post was so awful and rambled but that's why I hate to type. Look forward to hearing about chat/meetings.

Hooray!