QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Rubio's dry mouth

Cat

No political commentary intended with this post, just a lot of awkward dry mouth. Watching Marco Rubio's rebuttal to the State of the Union just reminded me of giving big presentations while on Adderall and getting nervous and having the WORST dry mouth. Wonder if he'd taken any stimulants for focus...

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/rubio-takes-sip-of-water-midway-through-sotu

I didn't see that one last night, but it reminds me of another political thing. Do you remember during the presidential primary debates when Rick Perry just couldn't think ot that third government department hew wanted to eliminate? Adderall had that effect on me, too. I would completely loose the caboose to my train of thought before it ever left my mouth.

• Like 2

I saw that happen to a girl in an AA meeting once. It was so awkward. I could literally see the manic panic spread across her face as she focused more and more intently on finding that ONE word.

Also re Rubio, I get dry mouth from wellbutrin and also sometimes yerba mate. It is embarrassing though.

In the early stages of my recovery, my language was all over the place. Literally word salads. Did that happen to anyone else?

• Like 1