QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Movies

Mikey D

I really enjoy the adderall movie list. Garden State is one of my top 5 favorites before I ever knew about this site. I've yet to see Equillibrium, which I'm looking forward to.

Has anyone seen Silver Lining Playbook? Fantastic movie. It's not about adderall, but it hits close to home. Addiction, change, being ok with accepting being effed up, love and triumph. Great movie

Anybody have some good movie suggestions? I'm an 80s movie fan

I watch movies on Netflix and Tvlinks.cc

• Like 1

Has anyone seen Silver Lining Playbook? Fantastic movie. It's not about adderall, but it hits close to home. Addiction, change, being ok with accepting being effed up, love and triumph. Great movie

It's so weird you mention this - I have wanted to see it since it came out and just today I watched the youtube video of the interview between Katie Couric and Robert Deniro, Bradley Cooper, Patrick Kennedy and the director - they all ended up in tears nearly; it was obviously a movie that hit home with the cast and crew, and the subject is so hard to depict and get right.

Sometimes I think that the highs and lows you experience on and off adderall are pretty indistinguishable from bipolar.

It's so weird you mention this - I have wanted to see it since it came out and just today I watched the youtube video of the interview between Katie Couric and Robert Deniro, Bradley Cooper, Patrick Kennedy and the director - they all ended up in tears nearly; it was obviously a movie that hit home with the cast and crew, and the subject is so hard to depict and get right.

Sometimes I think that the highs and lows you experience on and off adderall are pretty indistinguishable from bipolar.

The highs and lows are raw and familiar. Perfect film for quitting anything, but definitley adderall.

You can watch it on tvlinks.cc one of the webs best secrets.

• Like 1

Silver Linings was pretty good. I am a huge movie fan. I got something called moviepass (moviepass.com) where you can see unlimited movies in the theater for a fixed price a month. So i saw a lot. But now i am in school with no car, I never go to the movies anymore. I use tv-links.eu for tv shows and 1channel.ch for movies and tv..These sites somehow get all the oscar screener copies of movies, so there are a lot of movies in theaters that are crystal clear. They also have a lot of theater screen copies of movies that were filmed with a camcorder in the theaters and then all the dvd movies.. I never heard of tvlinks.cc. do u have to have a login to use that? I know a lot of people who use the torrent site usenet but i have never figured that out yet.

• 8 years later...
6 hours ago, DelaneyJuliette said:

I can't seem to locate the "main page" that had all the songs and movies etc listed on it.  Now it just takes me right to the forums, even if I try logging out.   Any thoughts?

The main page of the website is still up! Just go directly to http://quittingadderall.com/

http://quittingadderall.com/top-10-quitting-adderall-movies/

http://quittingadderall.com/songs/

Hope this helps - and proud of you for coming back and trying again and again. You've had some ups and downs the last couple of years, but you keep trying and that's the important part. It's taken many of us years to get clean - you'll be joining us soon in no time (:

Thank you for that main page!!  Wow how time is a flat circle.  It has been a few years.  That is insane.  So.  Tonight I took my last adderall.  For real.   Over the past year I've had 6 months, than 4 months, than 2 weeks, then 1 week, then 3 days, then a few weeks of the fuck it's inbetween all of that.  So here's what is different this time.  I do not have any access to adderall (my husband has a prescription) but I have gotten him to put it in a lockbox.  I have my friend Christi helping me.  I took off work next week.  Ya'll that is huge.  I always make it to like mid-late day and then just cannot go on without the adderall so i give in and then i'm mad at myself so i say fuck it.  So this next week will be hard, and then i am going away for a week to visit family so no work then (not like that's simple, but i can actually relax b/c my parents really help with the kids when i visit) and then when i come back i should feel a bit better.  i am not taking any new clients and i am going to force myself to keep breaks scheduled during the day (okay that one i dont quite know how i will do yet but i can worry about that over the next few weeks.)  i read in the intro, "being on adderall causes you to create a life that you can't sustain off of adderall."  i love that.  i'm scared.  but i'm really doing it this time.  i also have a friend i met on this board who is in the same boat and we text every day.  i am journaling every day.  i'm like... scared to go to bed lol b/c "it's the last day" even though i don't feel anything.  i can do this.  

• Like 1