QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Adderall & sex drive

Searchingsoul9

Maybe TMI, but i am super curious as to how adderall affected your sex drive while on it and now that you are off of it.

For me, when i got on antidepressants for the first time my ability to 'get off' so to speak, diminished greatly.

But then i got on the adderall.

At first my sex drive was through the roof, but after time i no longer desired sex.

And when having it, i could not get to that satisfying point.

What i am wondering is how adderall interacted with your sex life. Especially, did the ability to get off and the desire to return after getting off it? And if so, how long?

Adderall is an amphetamine, which you know, it stimulates and causes the adrenals to overwork which

can produce too much, or too little hormones affecting sex drive, mood, etc. In the case of adderall the adrenals usually become so taxed that very little sex hormone is being produced. In men that means very little dhea. Everybody is different so this can vary by person.

For me I was already fatigued without meds combine that with work, life, and stress and I had brewed up a cocktail for adrenal fatigue.After the death of a close loved one, my adrenals completley crashed, I took adderall to push through and ended up in psychosis, very low cortisol and no sex drive. Most docs won't tell you that adderall affects more than just your brain, but affects major organs which can create serious long term trouble. Had I laid off the aderall during the death I would have been ok, but the adderall is the cause. So yes adderall can and will mess with sex drive. Many will probably disagree. Thats ok. Never again will i let any establishment tell me what to think. I tell my aderall doc whats going on with me and he tries to give me anti depresants, send me to psych doc. They dont care they work for drug companies. They mask symptoms instead of dealing with the root issue. Anyways enough rant. I know theirs docs who care, but if I listened to the med field , their is a good chance I would end up dead or extremley psycotic. There is good naturopathic ND/MD in the world that understand

• Like 1

For me, Adderall didn't seem to have an effect on my sex drive (although I don't really fully trust my memory from that time in my life) until I was very deep into my addiction. Then I think my sex drive diminished greatly (although that didn't bother me), or would be very flighty while engaged in sexual activity (i.e. mind racing and wanting to do other things while having sex, like dust every crevice and surface in my apartment!).

However, after I stopped taking Adderall it totally went back to normal. Actually lately (13 months of no prescription drugs; smoking weed and drinking regularly) it seems like it's in overdrive :) so if anyone's worried about that, have hope!

For me, Adderall didn't seem to have an effect on my sex drive (although I don't really fully trust my memory from that time in my life) until I was very deep into my addiction. Then I think my sex drive diminished greatly (although that didn't bother me), or would be very flighty while engaged in sexual activity (i.e. mind racing and wanting to do other things while having sex, like dust every crevice and surface in my apartment!).

However, after I stopped taking Adderall it totally went back to normal. Actually lately (13 months of no prescription drugs; smoking weed and drinking regularly) it seems like it's in overdrive :) so if anyone's worried about that, have hope!

haha i hope mine comes back soon!

I get little random desires for sex, but it's a fleeting desire and then it's gone haha