QuittingAdderall.com Forums

So tiredddd

ashley6

I'm tired a lot. I sleep...a lot. One thing I liked (I hate to even say liked) about adderall was not being tired. I get plenty of sleep at night, and I'm still tired during the day a lot. Working out helps, but does anyone have any other suggestions? Sometimes I think it's a mental thing, because I've had bloodwork done checking my thyroid and all of that. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sleeping too much can cause you to be just as tired as not sleeping enough. I've found that saying on a set sleeping cycle helps with fighting fatigue as well.

Interesting. I was going to say sleep even MORE the night before. That helps for me.

I have to think more on this topic as well. For me it has been coffee and energy drinks.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback all. InRecovery, coffee and red bull help some, but honestly not a whole lot.

Kyle,

I agree with you....I guess I've gotten way too into my pattern of long naps.

MFA,

YES. I'm starting to think there is a huge correlation. I just assumed after being on klonopin for so many years that it really wouldn't still cause this, but it is a sedative, and I'm not mixing it with an upper anymore (thank God).

I've been thinking more about this, and I almost thing sleeping is like a coping mechanism for me.

Have you tried vitamin B12? A co-worker of mine introduced me to them a year or so ago. Of course, they are nothing in comparison to adderall, but they do help me. :)

Also iron. My mom got monthly or bi-monthly injection shots of vitamin B12 and iron for most of her life. She had so much more energy and mental clarity after getting them. There is something better about the injections because b12 and iron have issues being absorbed in the gut. Women need more iron.

• Like 2

Thanks for the feedback all. InRecovery, coffee and red bull help some, but honestly not a whole lot.

Kyle,

I agree with you....I guess I've gotten way too into my pattern of long naps.

MFA,

YES. I'm starting to think there is a huge correlation. I just assumed after being on klonopin for so many years that it really wouldn't still cause this, but it is a sedative, and I'm not mixing it with an upper anymore (thank God).

I've been thinking more about this, and I almost thing sleeping is like a coping mechanism for me.

I absolutely agree about coffee and energy drinks not helping a whole lot...especially after a while..

You probably need more stimulation during the day. I feel really tired during slow work weeks and much more alert during the weeks I am busy and have a lot to do. Feeling useful and needed and busy gives me more energy.

I just adopted two dachshunds and have been sleeping much less this week, but I feel more awake than ever because they are so playful and stimulating. Plus I'm walking them twice a day, so I'm outside much more.

So, do something novel, get outside, join a gym or sports league, get a pet. Active stimulation is the key, not passive stimulation like watching tv.

I remember the nurse or doctor on here suggesting B-12 injections too awhile back. That's something I might look into. Cassie, I'm so jealous. Those dogs are adorable! I've been wanting a dog so badly. I agree with you that I need more stimulation. I'm just kind of bored. So I need to look into getting a hobby that I really enjoy or being apart of something bigger than myself. Thanks for all of the advice, everyone.

Hey Ashley,

I can 100% relate to how much it sucks to be tired all the time. It's no way to live... Has this issue just started for you, or has it been ongoing throughout your quitting?

Just from the flip side, though....and I know sleeping and being tired are painful, and we are in different stages of recovery and all.... but I want you to know that sleep is a gift, and a need, and you're really lucky you are able to sleep. I'm not trying to turn this around to me, I only say this because quitting is causing me MAJOR sleep deprivation issues and I pray they go away....Lately I sleep about 4 hours a night average. I'm just saying, it could be worse.....

I guess the grass is always/never greener.

As a fellow long term benzo user: I've read that the sleep-inducing effects go away once you have a tolerance and establish your optimal regular dosage. For me (and maybe this is my anxiety level) xanax does NOTHING to help me sleep-- unless I'm already REALLY tired and having anxiety thats preventing me from sleeping.

But on the other hand, maybe this is a sign that you are ready, or almost ready, to start tapering the klonopin.

I do agree with what others have said, about bringing more exercise, joy, and fun into your day-to-day. I think those all really help.

Also.... Is it possible that your job/school or other life stuff might be burning you out? Exhausting your energy on a deep level?

Occasional,

I can't really remember what I was like before adderall honestly. I've really come to the conclusion from the help of you guys that sleep is my coping mechanism when I'm bored, upset, angry, etc. I'm sorry you're not sleeping much. I have to say that would probably be worse :( I also think I've been aware for awhile that I should start thinking about getting off klonopin. I do have panic attacks, so at times I do need it. It's weird that I don't really think I've developed much of a tolerance for it, because I can take one and sleep like a baby.

I had the flu feeling pretty shitty the last four or five days, so the ridiculous amounts I've been sleeping probably have a lot to do with that too. I kind of forgot that's what happens when you're sick :) We adderallics tend to be hard on ourselves. I hope you start sleeping better, because I know how badly a lack of sleep can make you feel. Thanks for your input!

Also don't forget it's the middle of winter! Don't know what that's like where you are but here it absolutely makes me want to hybernate.

Cassie I am so happy for you getting a dog/s. I really really am seriously considering it, I think it would be great therapy. Only thing is I don't want to bring it up poorly if I end up getting a job that will require travel. I would rather not have a dog than a neglected one.

QO, thanks for the book recommendation I think I will check it out.

• Like 1

I have started B-12 injections. I am not sure if it's making a difference yet. I also take a b-1 and b-6 supplement. I am on Xanax and Lexapro for anxiety. Which is kind of odd that they would put me on Adderall because it can cause severe panic attacks. I used to get them real bad. I still do, but they are not as bad as they were while on Adderall. I am not sure how much advice I have on regaining energy. I am still looking for that solution too. :blush:

No not really. I have been on it for 10 years, off and on so it's kind of hard to remember if I had any side effects. I do know that it worked much better than some of the other medications. I was on Effexor and if I missed 1 dose I would feel crazy!! (ok crazier). I also was misdiagnosed at first with Bipolar and suprise surprise, non of those medications worked. I always wondered how they came up with that when I was always hyper and not depressed...Ok sorry, went off topic again. How many days have you been on it and did they start you at the 10mg or 20mg?

Doctor put me on it a couple of weeks ago, took just 2 x 5 mg over 2 days and kind of felt a bit woozy so stopped until this weekend, where I have taken 10mg for 3 days starting Friday. I have woken up nauseaus and slightly dizzy all day, slept a TON and mental fog... doesn't feel like PAWS though. I must sound like such a hypochondriac!