QuittingAdderall.com Forums

6 weeks clean today

lea

YAY LEA! What a lovely thing to read today. So encouraging. Your posts have been really genuine and I commend you for your honesty and commitment to being true to yourself. 6 weeks is a big accomplishment, you should feel great today! I'm glad you're here and posting as much as you are. Don't stop!

• Like 1

Hi everyone -- Just a brief update on where I am today, 6 weeks clean and feeling pretty good. As this is my #1 goal I let this goal override all the bad I've felt since quitting and truthfully, it hasn't been that bad. I barely remember sleeping through the first week or two but do remember vividly the freakshow my life had become prior to quitting. I remember this because I wrote it down and read it over and over again.

My own experience led to the quit but daily reading of this forum most definitely sustains it. All of your stories and experiences, the good the bad and the ugly have blown away the strong denial factor that someday I can return to controlled use. I know now that this will never be possible and yet in the past I could never fully accept this. My mindset has changed in that every day is one step closer to freedom. In the past I used to think that I could go another day or week or 2 until the next script .... Talking to my doctor and severing all other "connections" has been the most liberating and humbling experience of my life. What a HUGE weight this has lifted.

My life today is far from perfect. I need to start exercising and would love to master procrastination, but also know that this will happen in steps and not magically overnight. The mentality that a pill will make life easier is gone but not forgotten. The hardest part is finding the motivation within myself to get through each day as a normal, non-addicted person. On the plus side I have great appreciation in knowing that this has already started and will continue with WORK, instead of that frenzied denial that drove my addiction and my life.

My gratitude to this site is HUGE and to everyone reading this - thank you from the bottom my heart for another day clean!

CONGRAT-U-FUCKING-LATIONS LEA!!!!!! 6 weeks is truly INSPIRING.

And to see you so proud and happy with your choice to quit is amazing.

I can't wait to be in your shoes.

It is hard to get by day to day life being 'normal'. I find this to be the hardest part. I was so used to being abnormal.

I'll go as far as saying i even felt 'above' others. Like being an adderall addict made me some superhuman goddess.

But, in reality it made me a tweaked out loser, who daily became more and more narcissistic and obsessed.

ANYWAYS, you really have made wonderful progress. And it truly will only get better from here.

Cheers to you!

xox

• Like 2

Congrats girl on getin this shit in check ...all that you stated that you are counteracting.positively...I am struggling and countering.it in a negative manner. Lookin.g for a way around it...a way to get to it...and I don't really know why all the sudden. My my state insurance should kick in soon...I need a person to really get into my deal

..all that's gone on and all I'm handling. Reading positives is a good start..

Been so fuckin exhausted its hard to even text on here ...Somethin will give someday...but for today..I'm so happy for you that you've let so much go to get on with your life. BIG HUGS TO YOU! !!

• Like 2