QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Nose Gel?!?

olivia115

Intriguing title for a post right?!

So, I have little cold right now and I go into my medicine cabinet and see "AYR saline nasal gel". EW. I completely forgot I used to use that when I used adderall, because all my mucous membranes would dry up, crack and bleed. This was the only that made breathing through my nose bearable at times.

SO GLAD I don't have to shove GEL up my nose anymore, haha!

Once again, it's the little things that are getting me through this day by day

• Like 1

Craziness. I had the exact exact opposite problem. Ever since I quit I have had to use nasal gels. I never had to use them before i quit. I have spent so much money on Nelli meds nasal gel its not even funny...at night I can't breathe a lot of times unless I use that stuff..it's gotten much better though. When I just quit, it was bad...it's gotten better since then..

I wonder if this has to do with how you ingest or ingested the adderall? I only snorted it once and it made absolutely no difference really (I was already sky high when I did it so that's not a good place to take an accurate read anyway), but I do remember waking up the next morning and I had ulcers in the back of my throat (and blue nostrils...).

My nose would constantly run on adderall and I'd be flushed, all the time. Glad those days are over.

While we're on the ENT topic, I read last week that benzos can cause watery eyes?!?

I never snorted adderall since I was taking dexedrine spansules, it would have been too much work to break all those beads. I did use to chew them though, and I would notice canker sores in my mouth when I did that. I think I just overloaded my body with the vasoconstrictive effects of it and unfortunately my nose paid the price.