QuittingAdderall.com Forums

BUT EVERYBODY DOES IT!

LADYLUCK

Sky how did you/do you feel hanging out with adder all users now you're off it? Do you notice their behaviors and try to figure out if they're tweaking when you're together? Does that change your own behavior in response?

I don't know too many other people who take adderall but I suspect I'd find it hard to genuinely want to connect with someone whom I could tell was high...

MFA

yeah it's pretty annoying actually... they're so spun up n I'm pretty mellow so I just kinda think it's a bit much. But at the same time, they're at like 120% and some part of me envies that energy and brain function on overdrive.... I quit cuz the repercussions of that weren't worth it, but if you're not counting those it was pretty good stuff.

I think that's a pretty normal reaction - the hardest thing coming off it is relearning who you are and how to get stuff done when menial tasks just aren't interesting any more. Seeing other people who "have the secret sauce" to motivation and task management might be a big trigger for some people to relapse.

Do I feel an episode of "The Californians" coming on? :lol:

YOU DID NOT JUST SAY THE CALIFORNIANS!!!! OMG LOVE THAT SKIT!!! Best one was the one with Mick Jagger ...trying to ditch that English accent to get some "Spicolli" on (fast times at ridgemont high,mate!!!! LOL HYSTERICAL !!!!
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

HEYYY!!!!!

I'm STILL here!!! I'm sorry I'm not much of a blogger. Anyways......... GUESS WHAT?

I'M ONE MONTH SOBER THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And never going back. I think the only thing that could make me relapse is the fear of gaining weight... But I've been watching what I eat like a hawk because I cringe and the thought of being strung out again. I work out. I feel FUCKING GREAT!

I kicked my cracked out roomie out. We actually got in a fight cuz I got sick of her edginess and anger. She was mad at the world. I understand because so was I when I popped addy. She's so depressed and I don't mean to kick her out of my life... But I won't hang out with her till she gets sober. My sobriety comes first before anybody.

I'm so happy. I laugh. A lot. I dance. I am fun again. I am sweet. I am myself.

If you're struggling to quit... I promise you it's worth it. I was exhausted and edgy for only one week. The hardest part was wanting to sleep but once you wake up..,. It's incredible. I'm high on real life. And I promise everybody around you will like u more. I didn't know I was so confident and fun without it. The guy I'm dating seriously fell even more in love with me. He is like "whoa I didn't know you were this sweet".

And get this? I can still clean my whole house for 4 hours.... But with music instead of pills!!!! And I'm not scrubbing the same spot for an hour! HaHa.

Thank you, guys, for the support & believing in me. I know I still have to take it one day at a time... But after 5 years of being sick & tired... I have zero desire to take another one.

I'm sooooooooooo happppppppppy :))))))))

• Like 3

Congratulations, ladyluck. Honestly I had my doubts. But you have proved me wrong and I am happy for you. Keep posting, letting us know how you are doing. We need more people like you around here, who get through with a positive attitude and go from strength to strength. Congrats again.

YEAH LADYLUCK!!!! I was worried about you with your living situation and all, but I am SO PROUD of you for making it through that first month, and for kicking your roommate out, and for putting your sobriety first! It's not easy, but isn't life sooo much better without adderall?! The natural energy, feeling your personality come back in full effect.... doing things on your own that you can be proud of. GO YOU!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Great to see you back! Keep it up!! :D

Lady Luck,

Give yourself a pat on the back and a self five (How I Met Your Mother style). If you don't watch it, nevermind :) Getting your using roommate out is a great step in the right direction....keep it up Lady Luck! You're taking care of you and your sobriety...yaay!

I'M ONE MONTH SOBER THIS SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And never going back. I think the only thing that could make me relapse is the fear of gaining weight... But I've been watching what I eat like a hawk because I cringe and the thought of being strung out again. I work out. I feel FUCKING GREAT!

I kicked my cracked out roomie out.

Congratulations - Reading your post reminds me of me with the thin thing ... BUT in 3 months I've gained 7 lbs and stabalized -- really not as bad as I thought it would be and I haven't been watching what I eat for quite some time. I feel very unhealthy although I'm just starting to get back into healthy eating and exercise... and you know what? Muscle really does have a GOOD memory!

Mega- congratulations for kicking out the roomie!

• Like 1