QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Darker teeth?

Alliee

Just wondering if anyone on here knows why my teeth are darker. My mouth has a purpleish tint. I haven't tried whitening them, yet. My dr. seemed to be familiar with it but gave me no explaination and said it was ok (health wise). I wish I'd known my teeth could possibly get purple before I started taking Adderall. The fact that there is no written explaination on the side effects sheet is unacceptable to me, but I have to accept it.

Hmm. I've never heard of purple teeth before (purple gums maybe), but my teeth generally did go to hell when I quit Adderall and cigarettes (not sure which was the culprit). My dental hygienist actually said something about a backdraft effect related to quitting smoking. Like apparently my teeth (or gums; I can't remember) were actually going to get worse for a while right after quitting.

In any case, I ended up having nearly all of my teeth capped in the following years, as I've chronicled previously. Definitely a pain...especially the part about the money.

Thanks a lot, this actually makes me confused and it's kind of funny. I mentioned "purple teeth" or darker teeth to my dr. He was very considerate and acted like it was actually something he'd seen. he said yea, they look a litle darker" haha, he said it would be ok and offered no explaination. I think I actually told him gums. Well, I feel like an idiot. Gosh, Adderall has honestly made me a little loopy. of course my teeth aren't purple. I don't know what's wrong with my brain these days, I really don't. I never used to be like this, honest. I've only not been taking it for a month. The farther I get away from that stuff, the better...

• 1 month later...

hmmm...I've never heard of purple teeth before but my teeth definitely got yellower while I was taking adderall. It seemed I had developed a strong "association" with taking adderall and smoking cigarettes. Every time I took adderall, I would have these intensely strong craving cigarettes. As I took higher and higher dosages of adderall, I started smoking more and more cigarettes. I could not do one without the other. The result, much yellower teeth. Oddly enough, when I quit taking adderall ten months ago, my urge for smoking cigarettes suddenly stopped as well...Havent smoked a cigarette since I stopped the adderall.