QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Lions Mane Mushroom NGF Brain Repair

Never heard of it, sorry! Interested if you try it what results it yields. How's your quit going, Mikey?

I'll say my quit is going steady.... I have good days, and tough, lazy, bad days, but overall everyday I notice little steps of progress. In the last few days I had a few feelings of happiness sweep over me as I came across a place in town that I use to go to as a child and play. I guess the reason I say that's progress is on adderall I never had those slight feeling sweep over me. Every thing was so systamatic that I never had those natural euphoria waves sparked by memories of happiness come on me. I had almost forgot what that was like, to be naturally inspired. I haven't had that in years. It's those little sparks, those micro feelings that make me feel like I'm slowly but surely returning to myself.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought a bottle of Lions Mane supplement at Whole Foods. Kinda pricey at about a dollar per gram. It says to take a gram a day. I downed a couple of capsules in the parking lot right after I bought it. It is made from the freeze-dried mycelium (roots) of the lions mane mushroom. Not sure, but it might be working already. I will update this post if I feel anything profound.

Update: I took two capsules about 3 hours ago. It may be a placebo effect, but I think I have better focus and concentration. It made my hair tingel a little bit. I also took fish oil this morning. Thing is, I was not expecting an instant result from lions mane. I hope it does something for my working memory in the long term. The package/bottle claims it is for "memory and nerve support"

Update #2 3/26: Took 1.5 grams today. I have had better focus, mental clarity and better cognition. Possibly a slight improvement in my memory as well. No side effects. I purchased Host Defense brand Lions Mane made by a well known mushroom company -Fungi Perfecti. I wish I had known about this mushroom when I was in early recovery. It is a good mushroom and I give it two full thumbs up. I may update this post again after I have taken the rest of the bottle.

Update #3 3/27: I know I sound like a commercial for this mushroom, but this stuff is just amazing! Took 1.5 grams in addition to about the same amount of l-Tyrosine. No fish oil today. Better memory plus a better mood. I am beyond words to say how relieved I am that I finally have my pre-adderall brain back. I hope this lasts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First update -- Vitamin Shoppe is SOLD OUT !!!

EDIT -- These magic mushrooms are pretty hard to find! Whole Foods does not stock them, neither does local holistic health food store... now I'm REALLY determined so I ordered them from amazon... geez :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

I had pretty low expectations so I was pleasantly surprised when they worked for me the first time I took 'em. Don't expect a stimulant high or anything like that. I really liked the Host Defense Brand by Fungi Perfecti. I am still taking them almost daily.

I wikied them up and learned a little more about their ability to generate NGF (nerve growth factor) and repair neurons. I really needed a brain repair job.

• Like 1

I also got the goods yesterday, but I tried it yesterday :P

It seems to calm me down a lot, and it seems to help with memory and focus a bit too. My mind is definitely a lot less all over the place and my anxiety level has lowered. I definitely will continue to take it and regard this as a worthy purchase.

• Like 1

I also got the goods yesterday, but I tried it yesterday :P

It seems to calm me down a lot, and it seems to help with memory and focus a bit too. My mind is definitely a lot less all over the place and my anxiety level has lowered. I definitely will continue to take it and regard this as a worthy purchase.

That almost sounds like beer!

Kyle_Chaos and Lea can you tell me what brand you got, I don't want to have to shop around on amazon thax

I just bought another bottle of Host Defense brand Lions Mane at Whole foods today. I wasn't going to, but yes, they are that good. I would like to try another brand but they are kind of hard to find. What dosages are you guys taking?

500 mg. once daily

I might start taking it twice, it seems like I get groggy in the afternoon from the after-effect..

Or maybe I just get groggy, either way.

hhmmm. Come to think of it, I have been going to bed earlier that I usually do since i started taking them. I feel like such a pussy going to bed before ten oclock. Even though I don't like mornings, I am up and around by six most days. I take either one or one and a half grams all at once. 4-5 days per week. I Didn't take it today and I have had plenty of natural energy and motivation all day long.