QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Hi! 2 weeks into quitting

friiibergsen

Hello there!

I'm two weeks into quitting Adderall. Never tried to quit before; never felt like I needed to. I took Adderall for 2+years, and had a decent amount of success with it. But I think it was increasing my anxiety levels a little too much, so I've kicked the habit. 2 weeks off of it, and I'm starting to feel more energetic already. And much more calm. Everything feels like it's happening slowly (mundanely, even), which is a refreshing change of pace. I'm looking forward to not always feeling like I need Adderall in my blood to accomplish anything of note. And food hasn't tasted this good in ages! Can't get enough spice. Anyone else notice they prefer really spicy foods after quitting?

Love reading other peoples stories on this board. Nice to see this situation through different eyes.

-Frii

• Like 2

lol welcome aboard! Ive always loved spicy things personally.

Definitely can relate to anxiety. It always seemed that it dampened my interactions with other people and left me feeling strangely.

Did you feel that it was a gradual increase in anxiety for those two years or how were you reacting to that anxiety?

Hi, Rick: it was a gradual increase in anxiety, for me. It climaxed when I experienced a few panic attacks this past 6 months, which was really uncomfortable. Did you notice your anxiety levels dropping when you quit? Have they stayed low?

Thanks, Liltex!

Thanks, M_F_A: this is my first go around. I'm glad you found so much success here :)

2 weeks is a huge turning point I'm noticing. Easier to embrace the "slow" of a day without adderall. Something that never goes hand in hand when still using. My life is a bit too mundane lately...been a long winter of being in a house 24/7 with a 3 year old and no car...that's being rectified this week with a car from.the mother in law. My feelings about the easier life come in waves...I'm very accepting of it sometimes and then just really bored with it at other times. It'll all come together at some point,everything does. And food, any food is a big part of quitting. I pretty much only ate dinner before,and that would consist of a few bites out of the pan. Not the case now..and I have a lot of pants that no longer fit to prove it. LOL

lol heather..

yeah my anxiety has definitely dropped to a level that I would consider normal.

To me I always have thought of adderall as a chemical straightjacket. The euphoria seemed to be what kept me acting as I did but as the euphoria became less and less pronounced the anxiety became more and more prominent. Either way I was always guided by the feelings that I got from adderall.

Yerp. Happy thats over with lol >.>

lol heather..

yeah my anxiety has definitely dropped to a level that I would consider normal.

To me I always have thought of adderall as a chemical straightjacket. The euphoria seemed to be what kept me acting as I did but as the euphoria became less and less pronounced the anxiety became more and more prominent. Either way I was always guided by the feelings that I got from adderall.

Yerp. Happy thats over with lol >.> that was pretty dead on about the shift from euphoria to anxiety. Never thought of it that way. In the end...it just took such a ridiculous amount. To induce either one...then counter the anxiety with a benzo (something I hate except in that scenario)...I was just a walking scientific experiment of my own creation. When I got busted before I got clean the first time....the detective was convinced I was selling them because the quantities were huge. I had 10 different doctors then...he sat and interviewed 5 of them...and my first thought was "wtf...do you know what a hit my whole deal just took ...removing 5 doctors I have to try and replace!!!"not that the legal issues were gonna be serious...nope. how do I get my shit. As far as selling them...I was mortified they'd even think that....never would I give em away...or sell them. I NEEDED everyone of them!!!! Unreal...I never could have predicted that feeling so great at the beginning could turn so horrible in the end...but it will....every fuckin. Time.