QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Working(?) Memory

quit-once

I recently finished up a home improvement project and had some leftover materials to take back to the hardware store for a refund. I started searching for the receipt in the usual places like the sugar bowl and the checkbook to no avail. I needed to buy some lawn fertilizer and wanted to return the hardware in the same trip. But I could not locate the receipts anywhere they should have been after searching for 10 minutes or so. Went to Home Depot and did my shopping, and when I dug out my project card from its slot in my wallet, there was the receipt for the hardware, It was then that I remembered that only last week, I had folded it up and put it where I would "have it handy". Of course, I did not have the items to return with me, so I will need to make another trip to that store, just for the returns and refunds.

This is a pretty typiclal story of the memory challenges I face almost weekly. I call it my working memory deficit, and I blame my past amphetamine abuse and addiction. My memory really has not been the same since I used and abused adderall for nine years. Could it be age-related too? after all I am almost 50 years old. And maybe I have smoked a lot of weed at certain times in my life. Maybe I got too drunk in college and killed brain cells? But I can't help but feel that the lingering memory issues are a direct result of my adderall addiction, I am closing in on two full years of adderall abstinence and addiction recovery, yet I still have these deficits in my working memory. I take my fish oils, multivitamins and tryosine almost daily, and I believe they help somewhat. But I do find it discouraging that my working memory seems to be permanantly impaired from abusing that stupid fucking drug adderall. Does anybody else have lingering memory problems after quitting?

I know how you feel. I struggle with short term memory. It's beyond frustrating. I use to have an outstanding memory before adderall. Try some lions mane mushroom extract it's known to cross the blood brain barrier and help with damaged cells. It's a NGF and repairs and rebuilds nerve damage. I don't care if your 50 or 80 the body has amazing ways at healing it's self if given the right tools. I will get a lot of flack and quack over this, but I truly believe there is no incurable diseases. I'm not talking malformations birth defects. I'm talking the bodies incredible ability to heal itself. We just got to get rid of the junk DNA caused from toxins and begin the long strict process of detox, nutrition and recovery. The medical field treats symptoms, they don't target the root of most problems. Anyways I won't rant on. I'm fighting the memory battle myself and I plain on coming out on top. Hang in there. Coconut oil is suppose to be good for the brain. Pregnenolone is a memory hormone thats pretty safe to take at 50mg a day. It supposedly helps a lot of people with working memory.