QuittingAdderall.com Forums

in need of help

canes2315

quit-once-

I'm not sure whether you have tried it or whether you are even interested but have you tried using wheat flour, wheat crackers, brown rice? Generally I find these to be full of energy and generally wholesome and filling.

Also if you ever find yourself craving sugars I would recommend honey! Honey is a beautiful thing.

Oh and sweet potato chips done in peanut oil (doesn't taste like peanuts) is also one of my favorites...

Sounds like you're already choosing a very healthy diet though

The thing about whole wheat products is they still contain the same amount of instant carbs that bleached flour does. By instant carbs, I mean carbs that are readily converted to glucose then spike your blood sugar and cause an insulin spike. That's what I try to avoid is the high glycemic foods. I get so tired when I eat too much sugar or carbs in general. I haven't looked into honey but it is all natural so it can't be that bad for you. Rick, where do you get those sweet potato chips? - they sound like a good healthy snack.

Sorry I hadn't seen you respond. Sweet potato chips are just from my local grocer (ShopRite). They're tasty! They are probably fairly new because I only know of one brand that makes them. And I can't name it off of the top of my head...

And that is interesting, I always thought that the whole point of whole wheat was that it didn't cause the same blood sugar spike. But I do see now that that is not the case..