QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Share your supplement experiences!

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd create us a new forum section to discuss supplements and such.

Eventually if we get enough good information in here I'll create a nicely-formatted page off the main site with pictures and such so we can have a centralized list of supplements with reviews.

So if you've tried a supplement or an energy drink while quitting Adderall, please post your experience!

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't have done it without the supps. A good multivitamin, triple strength fish oil, and most importantly, L-Tyrosine 1500-3000 mg per day. Also, Red Bull, 5-hour energy, coffee and iced tea all at once or on alternating days. Whatever it takes to stay off them. About 80 days so far with no cravings.

• Like 2

Thanks for adding this section! It is very difficult to find information on the particular supplements and doses in regard to quitting adderall. I have read numerous positive things on L-Tyrosine. Where you taking the L-Tyrosine 1500-3000mg spread through out the day or in one dose? Also, I have read conflicting information about being able to build a tolerance with it? Do you know if there is any truth to that? I found mag supplements helped with some of the muscle pain I was having after. I also have been using a very good quality omega supplement but unsure on the dosage I should be taking while attempting to quit? Thanks!

Thanks for adding this section! It is very difficult to find information on the particular supplements and doses in regard to quitting adderall. I have read numerous positive things on L-Tyrosine. Where you taking the L-Tyrosine 1500-3000mg spread through out the day or in one dose? Also, I have read conflicting information about being able to build a tolerance with it? Do you know if there is any truth to that? I found mag supplements helped with some of the muscle pain I was having after. I also have been using a very good quality omega supplement but unsure on the dosage I should be taking while attempting to quit? Thanks!

Hey tinybuddha-

I started taking tyrosine the day before I quit adderall and have been taking it now for almost three months. It comes in 500 or 1000 mg doses. I started with the 500 mg doses taken 3-4 times per day. The 1000's work well too (I get a euphoric buzz when I take a 1,000 mg pill), but I like spreading it out over the day - it is more even that way. Tyrosine is a wonderful mood stabilizer or even a mood elevator. It keeps that horrible post-adderall depression from coming on. No tolerance so far. No neg side affects or withdrawl. Take it on empty. Buy good quality like GNC brand. It is the precursor amino acid to phenylananine, which itself is a building block of seratonin.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So has anyone tried Focus ADDult from Native Remedies? The reviews I read are positive (with the exception of taste). It contains Gotu kola, Rosemary, Korean ginseng. They also reccomend Brain Tonic and PureCalm for relief of mental fatigue and for mood stabilizing. Thinking of trying it with my husband and my daughter (also has ADHD and is on Adderall).

• 5 months later...

I have a suppplement called Crave Control that helps somewhat. It's a blend of tyrosine, phenylalanine, glutamine, 5-HTP, vitamin C and B6. You can read the description here: http://www.integrativepsychiatry.net/crave_control.html .

It's $40 for a bottle of 240 capsules. It says the serving size is 8 capsules per day, but I've never taken more than 2-4 per day, so the bottle has lasted me a long time. It has helped me combat some of the brain fog.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The following supplements taken daily have helped me:

1. L-Tyrosine
  2. L-Theanine
  3. Magnesium
  4. Multivitamins
  5. Fish Oil
  6. St. John's Wort
  7. Calcium