QuittingAdderall.com Forums

ONE YEAR

ashley6

Thank you all! Your kind words mean so much to me. I feel like I have a little family here.QO, I haven't brought myself to read that first post, but I think it might be a good time because it could give other people the hope that they need. Good point.

My friend scheduled me 2 hours at the spa today, then a dinner with my two sets of parents. I truly have great people in my life.

• Like 2

Ashley I was just thinking about you the other day. I was thinking how consistent and encouraging you have been to all on this site. You are always searching, always humble, but still strong. You have a knack of helping people get to the heart of an issue, and sometimes you ask really tough questions.

I believe that I'm a nicer person because of you. You're a great role model and a strong lady.

CONGRATULATIONS and enjoy your day at the spa. Thoroughly deserved!

• Like 2

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!! You're story is amazing and I am so glad I've gotten the chance to know you through this board. You've been such an inspiration to others and so helpful. Can't wait to hear about all the amazing things you will go on and do with your life. I am blessed to know you!!

HUGS!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Ashley, I have no idea how I'm just seeing this now, but wow CONGRATULATIONS GIRL!! This is worthy of a month-long celebration. You are such an inspiration and just so amazing and empowering and have such a colorful personality, it would break my heart to ever see you on adderall!!! Glad you quit!!

You give hope to more people than you can even imagine! <3

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I just wanted to share with you all that I'm 15 months adderall-free!!! I've had a weird streak of just not feeling that great mentally, and it's times like this when I am just so happy and rejoice in the fact that I don't have to answer to that pill. As many of you know, I'm one class away from getting my college degree, and I have a plan in place. The plan right now is to move to my college where I was for undergrad for a semester to get this DONE. I'm nervous about it because I spent many years there tweaking, but I have to get this degree..for me, for my family, and to prove that I'm a success without adderall. I'll keep you posted, just wanted to share a little of what's going on. My family is helping me take care of my bills, living expenses, and my car while I do this, and I'll also be working. It shows me how much they believe in me. Thank you all for your ongoing support!

• Like 4

Ashley, Congratulations on 15 months. As a reward, here is the Mary Oliver Poem I sopke of in the other thread: I hope you like it as much as I do. Nice work sweet pea.

The Journey

By Mary Oliver

One day you finally knew what you had to do, and began.

Though the voices around you kept shouting their bad advice – though the whole house began to tremble, and you felt the old tug at your ankles.

“Mend my life!†each voice cried. But you didn’t stop. You knew what you had to do.

Though the wind pried, with its stiff fingers at the very foundations,

though their melancholy was terrible.

It was already late enough, and a wild night, and the road was full of fallen branches and stones.

But little by little, as you left their voices behind,

the stars began to burn through the sheets of clouds,

and there was a new voice which you slowly recognized as your own,

that kept you company as you strode deeper and deeper into the world,

Determined to do the only thing you could do,

Determined to save the only life you could save.

• Like 1

That's great to hear Ashley, getting this degree seems to have been hanging over your head and it must be a relief to finally be getting this done. Sounds like an exciting new chapter for you and also revisiting an old chapter but you will do great and prove to yourself a lot I know :)

YEAH ASHLEY! 15 months and one class to go! You've got this! Are you taking summer term or fall?

I can totally understand why you're nervous about going back to the same place that will bring back adderall memories! BUT I'm also sure that once you get used to being there, you can start breaking the association with adderall. The memories will come back but I bet you'll be glad that adderall chapter is over and you're doing this all on your own! GO YOU!!!

Thank you for all of your positive feedback. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous to go back to my old stomping grounds where a lot of it is an adderall blur, but I hope I'll be just fine. I've let fear run my life way too often. I need to remind myself that ironically letting adderall take over my life IS the reason I didn't graduate. Occasional, it will be for the fall term....wish they offered it for summer. Jon, thanks for sharing that. I like it. The class is child and adolescent development. Not difficult, just a necessity for my degree. Calculus....helllll no :)

Ashley, You're welcome for the poem. It's a hallmark piece by Mary Oliver on change, especially difficult or challenging change. You will probably come across it again in your lifetime. If it’s well read, it can be bone chilling.

Good luck with the child and adolescent development class, this fall. I'm glad it's not calculus, hell no! I wonder if the class will cover ADHD? Now that would be interesting. You may have a chance to be a voice for all of the poor souls who would otherwise drown by their doctor’s prescriptions.