QuittingAdderall.com Forums

so glad to have found this site

doneanddone

Hi. I'm new and have been taking addy for 7 years. I've been trying to quit for the past 2.5 years... I have suceeded in 6 month; 3 month and 5 month periods but have always gone back. Ugg... Every time I say something like I'll only take it in the morning or a smaller amount or whatever to convince myself it's ok then end up full script zombie/crazy person. Ugg. I must quit or I will never get married. I can't function like a real person in relationships on meds but, I'm awesome at my job on them. It sucks. But- I quit again 8 days ago. Yay! My sleepy days are over but, I guess I forgot how long it takes to get back in the groove with work (knowing it is not ever the same). Support and advice appreciated :)

I was on adderall for 7 years also. My advice is to be easy on yourself for as long as it takes. Addiction doesn't happen overnight, so expect recovery to take awhile. Just know that the only way to recover is to go through it, so even if the days suck and seem like they drag on, know it will get better, and it's the only option to get back to being you again. It sounds like you know what to expect with some stints of being off of adderall. What will be the difference this time for you to not go back with some time under your belt? Figuring out why you went back after six months is very important to focus on, so you can learn from it and do different this time. Remembering the lowest of lows adderall brought you to will help you from romanticizing it in your head. I relate to you because I realized the same thing. I would never get married or be in a healthy relationship, because adderall made me a nut job. Now, I realize I'm not crazy at all, even laid-back and easy to get along with. Make recovery your number one priority above all else, because I personally believe it has to be. Stay close to this site full of amazing people who have gone through it all. It's worth it! Best wishes.

• Like 2

Hey -- Good for you in making the decision to quit! You CAN do this. The most successful people in life are the ones who persevere. I agree with Ashley about the importance of learning from past experiences of why you went back, and taking proactive steps, like posting here where you will find a whole new network of support! Stay strong and take it one day, or five minutes at a time!