QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Helping my sister

Jazzy7

Hi everyone,

So I am 76 days clean- and it feels amazing. A little background on me is that I did adderall for almost 10 years- it completely took over my life and ruined friendships and destroyed who I was. In the first couple of years I introduced my sister to adderall and she absolutely loved it- we took it together to play racquetball, snowboard, clean, scrabpook, go out, for anything and everything, and it started to completely take over. We moved in together about a year ago- and it became so bad that sometimes we would spend the whole day home together and would barely talk- we would be cleaning, or super absorbed with facebook, or whatever project. It is so much deeper then this and hard to really explain because I have started to forget what life was life on adderall (thank god!!). I moved out in November and got my own apartment and finally got clean in February. I have wanted to quit for years and finally being on my own I got the courage to do it. It was really hard to try to quit while living with my sister because she didn't want to. She still does not see she has a problem and is in complete denial. Now when I hang out with her it seems so obvious how tweeked out she is and how much adderall has taken over her life. She is hyper focused, and the adderall has completely robbed her of her beautiful personality and funny sense of humor that I miss so much. She is run down, super skinny, and still doesn't see she has a problem. I sent her a link to this site and have texted her little clips of things that I have read on here about stages of adderall abuse but she is still in so deep and doesn't want to quit. I don't know what to do to help her. Has anyone been in a situation like this before? What did you do?