QuittingAdderall.com Forums

:(

Kyle_Chaos

I posted a few weeks ago writing that I thought I had "nearly recovered." I must have had one too many red bulls that day, because that isn't the case at all. I'm nearly a month clean and because of the severity of my relapse, it's like I'm starting all over.

Just a word of advice to anyone who gets tempted, you'll be right where I am. I feel as bland as a sack of potatoes.

It's definitely not worth it to feel like "god" for a few hours when you'll be feeling less than human for about 4-6 months.

Would you like to share any of the gory details with us, or was it just a standard relapse?

I hadn't really mentioned much about it until now, I didn't want a big thing made of it because I'm already going through a lot with getting out of the military.

It was just a standard relapse.

Sorry to hear your feelin bad : (

I know we all have our ups and downs... I, for one have been overconsuming alcohol in trying to up my social game which I'm not too proud of. Actually I'm kind of disgusted. I don't know what it is with being an addict that at times I would prefer any altered state to living in the moment.

Kyle,

I wish you would've shared that with us, so we could try to help. I'm glad you're back on track, and it sounds like getting away from access will be the best for you. How much longer until the military is all over with? We know each relapse takes is only an obstacle to getting well again, so doing whatever we can to prevent that is key. Sure you don't feel like sharing about it and what led up to it?

I'm really sorry to hear this Kyle and proud of you for sticking with us when the alternative - running away - would have seemed easier. Sometimes we are a tough, "take no prisoners" crowd and that can be scary if you relapse,

Only one thing I will say is that you say you want to pay less attention to the relapse and then move on, until the relapsing happens more often (and in secret because you told everyone you quit) and it is a lonely and anxious place to be.

We are here to support you and think you for being brave and thoughtful. You may be a pain in the ass here occasionally but when it ll comes down, you're an honest dude in a tough situation. It is understandable (no okay, but understandable).

Hng in there...

• Like 1