QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Running Club

Greg

Hi, I started a new thread because the other one was getting too long to scroll through... It's time for me to get back on track..haha..literally, i need get back on the track..start running again.. How have the last 2 weeks been going while I have been in finals hell? I didn't run at all!!

(For those that are reading this thread for the first time this is the running club for recovering adderall addicts. The goal is simple: Run 12 miles a week sometime between Saturday - Friday and check in here..Aside from the obvious health benefits it has a very positive impact on adderall recovery like with natural dopamine production..)

• Like 3

OK IR I'm on it -- starting tomorrow lol!

Seriously though this is a great incentive for me to start running again. I am so over looking towards supplements for energy. I don't get how a person (ME) can be so resistant to the one sure thing that's right under my nose ...

• Like 3

OK IR I'm on it -- starting tomorrow lol!

Seriously though this is a great incentive for me to start running again. I am so over looking towards supplements for energy. I don't get how a person (ME) can be so resistant to the one sure thing that's right under my nose ...

Wooooooohoooooo!

• Like 1

Put in 5 miles today. Ran 3, walked 2. I could tell I was a little rusty. How about you, InRecovery or anyone else?

Ummm..I was feeling so lazy today....um...literally in bed having a marathon of survivor episodes...okay I'm going to go right now. Lol.

Thank you for that push! I am back from the 3 mile run and full of energy and adrenaline. I felt like a sloth all week with finals being over...this is the first time running this week, I will have to put in 3 miles a day every day from now till Friday to make it to 12.

YES.i felt very rusty too!

• Like 1

Logged my 3 miles today. Less rusty and getting back into the groove.

Way to go! See, this positive peer pressure thing really works. Now, if we can drag the others aboard. Enjoy your Survivor marathon. Well-deserved, dude!

Getting back into the groove. Less rusty than yesterday. I'm at 6 now.

Halfway to 12...stretching real quick right before I find makes running a lot easier.

Well.. I made it to the track. But my legs were so sore today, I couldnt run. I tried. So im going to give them another days rest. However, I did walk about a mile a day for the last three days to an area Walmart...so that puts me at 9 miles. So if i run 3 tomorrow i can still make 12.

updates?

I didn't make it to 12 either ashley...

But I did three this morning to start of the week. There is something so tranquil about running at 6 in the morning, the way the sky looks and everything. I actually ran into a friend of mine also running at 6am. 6am on Sunday. I really thought id be the only one!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

5 today. I've moved my running to the treadmill. I LOVE running in air condition and not having to worry about getting sunburned or getting suntan lotion in my eyes. And i love how the water in my water bottle stays cold!

I did a 1.5 miles last week in the heat and got dizzy and nearly passed out from the heat.

• Like 1

Dude, I don't know what's happened to me. I've done nothing in the past week, maybe two. I have to find my motivation again....or not...just get out there and do it. I can tell a difference in my energy levels and moods. I've been busy with work and a new relationship and have just slacked.....not ok, not ok at all. Good work!!! I WILL get it together again. Oh yeah, the treadmill is 100 times better, in my opinion.