QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Running Club

Greg

I am over that debate now lol :D  You all are awesome for the pep talks. i realize that these presentations and big exams that i have to do a couple times a semester just CATAPAULT me into a state of PAWS and i have to spend days recovering and dealing with cravings and mental discomfort. And I just have to rest and lay in bed and wait for the PAWS to blow over. Im sure one day it will stop, but for now I just have to deal. 

Ashley, definitely frustrating that our brains are not forgetting!!!!

• Like 1

Good job InRecovery!!!

Yeah, you said it really well, both just now and last spring when I was having so much trouble writing: one of the biggest PAWS triggers can be having a lot of academic work to do.  It sets off so many cravings and feelings of despair etc.  So happy to hear you're feeling better about it.

I got my 12 in already too! 

This week I noticed a shift in my motivation.  Last week I was only motivated by getting my 12 in.  But this week I started I feeling GENUINELY motivated by running the state forests and parks near me.  Its a way of exploring for me and very theraputic and also FUN, so I try to make time at least once a week to drive to a beautiful trail or back road and just run my heart out. The past couple weeks though, ALL my runs have been like that and I'm starting to feel motivation to run extra miles because I enjoy it--and because its so pretty outside.  

I'm up to 14 miles for this week.  But I kind of want to go running again today so I might edit this later :D

I'm only at 30 push ups, which means I'd have to do 70 today to get my goal.  Uhhhhh, it's kinda doubtful, but I'm gonna try to get it close.

Also, I've been having CRAZY sugar cravings lately on a daily basis..... I'm not sure why, but I think I'm addicted again.  It's so hard to control.  Do any of my fellow runners deal with this?  Maybe I need to be eating more high quality calories?  I feel I eat a LOT though......

Edit:  Let's make that.....total 17.8 miles of running and 55 push ups. :)

• Like 2

"Also, I've been having CRAZY sugar cravings lately on a daily basis..... I'm not sure why, but I think I'm addicted again. It's so hard to control. Do any of my fellow runners deal with this? Maybe I need to be eating more high quality calories? I feel I eat a LOT though......"

I have found that protein quells hunger in general. One nature valley protein bar and a package of nuts satisfies me for hours.

I have also found that sugar addiction is a choice that you get to make once per day. If I consume more than ten grams of sugar at once I get cravings all day long that are hard to control. Sometimes I look at sugar in miligrams rather than grams and that makes it seem like more like an evil drug or something like salt. Sugar is evil!

Hi club!

I wanted to avoid posting, because, well I failed miserably this week. I've been really busy, but I COULD have fit my miles in, and I did not.

I ran two, walked 3. The only good news is I went to a 45-minute core class at the gym on campus. I was SO sore for three days. It's unreal, because I think I'm in decent shape from running, but this worked my muscles in a whole new way. I'm going to go to more of these. If any of you have these options at your campus, I'd highly suggest. Sorry to let my team down..again. Baaaaah!

• Like 2

Ashley the fact that you're still posting here shows that you're still in the club, which is amazing and shows you're still dedicated to 12 miles a week :) Theres always next week.

That core class sounds intense!  I thought about doing one once (hahahaha), maybe I'll have to actually go.  Core strength is crucial to almost everything, including running.

I have NO idea how many miles my daily jog is, but i have been at it for 5 days now and today did it twice.

It's a 45 minute up/down/level ground jog around my neighborhood. 

I am going to assume i have put in nearly 7 miles, but i can't be too sure.

I am going to download this running app on my phone that tells how many miles you go.

Im suddenly paranoid for privacy so i am posting here.  I made some pretty good friends who live in my building and I found out they are ALL on adderall! At least 2 guys and 1 girl i know of. This explains why another one of my friends - he literally stays up for 24 hours straight studying on many different occasions.

I tried to tell them how dangerous it was. I was saying how it was so addictive and how pretty soon they would need it anytime they needed energy.  

The girl defended herself saying that she ONLY takes it when she needs to study. And that she has been addicted to so much worse, cocaine and ecstacy. And i was saying well this is basically legal meth...

The guy defended himself by joking it off and saying that he smokes weed and adderall brings him up to "normal" levels of functioning. He also said he had really bad ADD, and I was like ADD is a bullshit diagnosis and then he agreed but.. There really  was not much else I could say to them, except its reaalllly bad!!!

I am worried for them, and I am also worried that I have such close access to adderall now. All i would have to do is ask them for it. But I detest adderall and Im going to try and get that thought out of my head. If those three are on adderall, then Im pretty sure everyone else I hang around with is on adderall which just backs up all the millions of articles about how adderall is such an epidemic on college/grad school campuses.  :(

Ok, well I did 2 miles and a 45 minute core class this week. I have been so lazy. It's like right when I start slacking, it becomes way too easy to continue. It's not okay.

And InRecovery,

So do these people know about your previous adderall addiction? Who knows if sharing your story, if only a little, could help; however, we all know we have to have our own journey, and I understand you might not want people to know that about you. Hopefully they don't become addicts. It's just scary. Thank goodness your foundation for recovery is strong but no matter how strong it is being surrounded by it would be very uncomfortable. You've got this, though, and will be just fine.

• Like 2

Last week I did 6.5 miles of running and an 8 mile hike. It's supposed to rain all week and I don't have a gym membership so I'm kinda wondering... is it better to suck it up and run in the rain or suck it up and get a gym membership?

LilTex - how did the half ironman go?

InRecovery - yikes. That would be hard to be in that situation with access to adderall so close, especially knowing that many classmates are using it. But I bet you will also be able to see more clearly than ever the problems that adderall causes for your classmates, for their health, quality of work, and balance, and it will probably reinforce your resolve.

• Like 1

check in sunday

i did 15 miles on Thursday. I got really really nauseous and the next morning I was still nauseous for most of the morning but Im glad I pushed myself a little further! getting the whole thing done in one shot also saves a lot of time.

did you all make it?

• Like 2

Good job, InRecovery! You're the bomb. I just left the gym. I got 10 in this week. I did 5 on Monday and 5 tonight. I wanted to do 7 to get 12 in tonight, but I just feel like I couldn't. Maybe it's a mental block, because by this time I should be able to do 7 miles! Anyway, still didn't make it, but I'm glad I got super close.

• Like 1

I don't know how long we've been doing this. It's been awhile now! I hate that I haven't been hitting the goal....I'm the weakest link right now. I was just scrolling through earlier posts in this thread and saw one from lea. I've been wondering where she's been lately actually. She used to be pretty active on here. I hope she's doing well.