QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Running Club

Greg

How'd everyone do this week? I ran 4 miles Wed, 5 miles Fri, and 4 miles today for a total of 13. Thinking about upping my weekly goal to 15 miles a week, but will be happy with at least 12.

I remember when i first joined this club i couldnt do more than a mile. After several months in the 12 mile running club, Behold -

Saturday - 20 miles on the treadmill

Sunday  - 20 miles on the treadmill.

You guys need to try this!!

The key for me to running long distances is to have plenty of radio programs to listen to so i dont get bored. And then it feels like im just listening to radio programs and i really dont even paying attention to the fact that i am running.  And before long, a lot of miles have passed.

My new goal is 26.2 miles on the treadmill...then maybe start thinking about marathons? 

CHECK IN SUNDAY GUYS!

• Like 2

InRecovery, WHAT??? Damn that's really impressive!!!!!  Time to sign up for a marathon!!!  You are such an inspiration! 

I only got 4 miles last week. This week I am still at zero.  I COULD blame being busy, or the freezing cold, or holiday travels.  Or I could change the future, get off my lazy ass and go running.  Hmmmmmm........... :D

Hey everyone. I just wanted to upload a progress pic of me starting several months after quitting adderall to today. I could not have done it without quitting. I would look sickly and skinny if I never quit. I also encourage anyone else to show their progress pics as they are a great way to stay motivated! 

b787ebbd-658a-4195-a792-63a7d57a7e17_zps

I have some friends training to get into the Air Force and Itheyve told me about all the fitness frequirements. I definitely get where you are in training and I have no doubt you'll be running soon. I used to lift a lot but I really want to do more cutting first before bulking so once I drop 10 more pounds I a, going to start working on building muscle and getting on a regimen of creatine and lifting to supplement my running. Going to the gym 7 times a week is awesome commitment and I commend you for that.

I appreciate your support. The fact of the matter is I love lifting. It's one of my favorite things to do(after making it a habit and getting used to it of course) so I go every day simply because I enjoy it. I look forward to going to the gym every day. It really makes things pretty easy for me. I love pushing myself in the gym and I love getting better, stronger, etc. It's probably my only serious hobby at the moment so I figure while I don't have much going on in my life at the moment I might as well make the most of it!

By the way, good luck on your finals!

• Like 2

Good job, Cat! I'm ONLY at 2.5 miles, and I just walked out of work, and I have nooo motivation to go to the gym, BUT I'm going, even though it's got to be a quick run. Your post motivated me.....thanks :) I've been a huge slacker.

Ahhh....nevermind. I just realized I don't have my gym shoes with me :( 2.5 miles it is.

• Like 1

Seems to be a trend--  I only got 4 miles in last week.  I started all strong with a run last Monday...... and was still all motivated and down to finish the other 8 until I stepped outside into the snow/ice yesterday and lost all motivation.   Meh.  

I think it's a really positive thing that we're still all checking in even when we don't reach our milage.  We keep aiming for it.  We keep trying!

• Like 3

Congrats on your finals InRecovery!!!  

Just bought a gym membership for the spring semester. It will activate starting in 5 days! In the meantime, snow and ice running it is... 

I've been wondering about rollover miles too.  I love the idea!!!  But I think I've used that mentality in the past, implicitly, and I started using my "rollover" miles for months on end....until I was suddenly sedentary and out of shape.   Its so its dangerous!   Maybe rollover miles with a 2 week limit?  Hmm.

• Like 1

Ugh.  Venting!  Failed attempt at running!

I just sacrificed 2 hours of my precious finals week time to try to go running in one of my favorite spots, because these neighborhoods are getting OLD.   I drove 20 minutes each way to get there-- and back-- thinking that the hardly-used back roads would be all snowy and pretty to run on.   But there are suddenly logging trucks in those woods, using those roads without plowing them, so they just turned into a big thick sheet of ice.  I tried to run along the edges.  But I made it less than half a mile before I fell and almost broke my kneecap :(    Soooo frustrating!

Conclusion:  We are right to avoid running in the ice and snow!

Damn, sorry to hear that! Props for trying, though. I took a spill yesterday, but it's not icy here so can't blame it on anything except being klutzy. Anyway, less than a mile into my 3 mile run, I tripped on the sidewalk and fell on my face right in front of two people standing on their porch! I skinned a knee, shoulder and elbow and ripped a glove, but mainly just hurt my pride.... 

BTW, I had another really-wanna-relapse moment this morning.   I was crying and everything about how stressed out I am and how far behind in my work and much easier it would be to have no emotions and no libido, and blah blah blah.  

@Blesbro, I was inspired by you to take some "after" pics.   Then I went through and found a "before" pic.  The "before" is when I was at the peak of my adderall addiction.    It's pretty motivating.    In the "before" shot I'm out of shape and HEAVY.  Wow I had no idea how heavy I was, even though I had to buy new pants.  I didn't even recognize that adderall --> lowered metabolism, sedentary life & beer combination was the culprit!   It was probably peak weight of my life.  So weird.   The "after" photos from this morning are like night and day.  Maybe I'll get the courage to post them. 

Taking those pics and comparing made me feel so much better about quitting, and re-invigorated about staying quit.  I'm almost at one year!!!!