QuittingAdderall.com Forums

12 Miles a Week Running Club

Greg

Well, it took me an hour....half running, half walking, but I got 5 miles in tonight :)

Nice! and Thumbs up for getting back into things :) I did another five today. Up to 10 now. I feel like I can do more on the treadmill. Maybe its because of not having to deal with the heat.

We will make it to 12 this week.

• Like 3

I am so impressed by everyone's dedication and motivation! I need to get on this!!

Just wondering, is anyone here on Daily Mile? dailymile.com.

The basic idea is pretty similar to what we have going in this thread. I've been slacking lately but I post all my workouts on there and it adds up the mileage for me. It's a pretty good way to track workouts, and you can also encourage friends, comment on people's workouts, start a group challenge, set goals, look back over your weeks and months, etc. Pretty fun. To be honest it really helps me stay motivated.

Sooo, I'm going to join the 12 miles a week club here very soon, but if anyone is interested in joining me on daily mile, just message me :D

Just did 5.5 miles, so I'm at 10.5 for the week :)

And in a non creepy way, I kept thinking of you guys on the treadmill when I wanted to stop, because I knew I had my crew to answer to! It just reminded me of another positive of quitting adderall. I really didn't care about accountability in the least when using, and now it's so important to me. Like back then I'd probably just lie or avoid it altogether if I didn't do something. Sorry for rambling.

• Like 1

You're not rambling, actually I find this really touching. I think of you guys too sometimes when I'm doing something or honestly now when I'm really struggling with self esteem. And I take away a lot of really great wisdom almost all the time I log on. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks of this community in the real world, too

• Like 3

Just did 5.5 miles, so I'm at 10.5 for the week :)

And in a non creepy way, I kept thinking of you guys on the treadmill when I wanted to stop, because I knew I had my crew to answer to! It just reminded me of another positive of quitting adderall. I really didn't care about accountability in the least when using, and now it's so important to me. Like back then I'd probably just lie or avoid it altogether if I didn't do something. Sorry for rambling.

You DO have us to answer too. Just one and a half miles to go. You are ALMOST there!!

(I totally get the accountability thing. The amphetamine addict I think can be really just absorbed in whatever they are doing because they are getting some kind of internal chemical rush, but they are oblivious to the outside world if you know what I mean)

• 3 weeks later...