QuittingAdderall.com Forums

hallelujah...my grades came in like 10 minutes ago...

Greg

I got a 3.5 GPA (two As and two Bs) The way it works out, i believe, That means Im set with the tuition scholarship for the rest of my time here. Yeee haww...

Since Im big into smileys, ill illustrate the week with smileys....

This was me all week

pray.gifdontknow.gif

I was a nervous wreck today. While I was waiting for my grades to come back (my non adderall tainted grades), I didnt know what to do with myself

soccer.gifjuggle.gif

so i started frantically cleaning, scrubbing the floors, and everything in sight, and then running ( like every 5 minutes) to my computer to check and see if my grades came in, pushing F5 to check, nothing,

computerpunch.gif

and then cleaning, pushing F5 to see if grades came in - nothing,

computerpunch.gif

and then cleaning...finally at 1pm i was granted an answer, when my final grades came in..

dance013.gif

I'm happy with my grades and also my surrounding are sparkling clean! Thanks all for supporting me through this semester.

weighlift.gif

• Like 1

CONGRATS IR!!! Thats amazing! How much better does it feel knowing you did that all adderall free?! HUGE accomplishment here. You deserve to treat yourself and celebrate this!

You've always been a huge inspiration to me and countless other people on here. Right now you are inspiring me to join you in the adderall-free semester-completed club! Just as soon as I finish this damn paper :D

Getting a 3.5 GPA in your first semester of grad school, after not being a student for a long time, is no small accomplishment. You, my friend, are living, breathing proof that long term heavy stimulant abuse does NOT cause permanant damage. It should give hope to the many people who think their situation is hopeless because they can't see the end of their addiction.

I know you would rather forget it, but maybe sometime you could recap your years of addiction for all of the newer folks around here. It would give the newbies a sense of just how far a bad-ass stimulant addict like you can progress in their recovery. When I first met you here I honestly wondered if you would ever regain normalcy after all of your experiences with snorting and psychosis, relapse and rehab. But you did return and I am really proud of you for all you have done through your Recovery.

THANKS GUYS!! I'm so lucky I have you all who can identify with what it's been like. No one around me knows what its like to lose your confidence to a pill and then try to work your way back without the pill. but you all do know what that is like and have understood my anxiety, and have thankfully helped me through this.

For me, my whole addiction started in an academic setting (and progressed to work setting and every other possible scenerio under the sun) , but it began in an academic setting, and being able to perform academically without it is an incredible feeling... somehow it ties back to the beginning of the whole thing for me...and is therapeutic.

• Like 1

Getting a 3.5 GPA in your first semester of grad school, after not being a student for a long time, is no small accomplishment. You, my friend, are living, breathing proof that long term heavy stimulant abuse does NOT cause permanant damage. It should give hope to the many people who think their situation is hopeless because they can't see the end of their addiction.

I know you would rather forget it, but maybe sometime you could recap your years of addiction for all of the newer folks around here. It would give the newbies a sense of just how far a bad-ass stimulant addict like you can progress in their recovery. When I first met you here I honestly wondered if you would ever regain normalcy after all of your experiences with snorting and psychosis, relapse and rehab. But you did return and I am really proud of you for all you have done through your Recovery.

You are right. I certainly need to recap, when I get a chance ill be sure to do that. Adderall, ritalin and concerta left me essentially a paranoid schizophrenic for a very long time drifting in and out of pharmacies, rehab, counseling. As my ritalin/concerta/adderall addiction escalated, I could not distinguish between what was real and what was not. I could not write sentences because my thoughts were so fragmented.

So to be able to now pass exams, write papers, give presentations, while holding a job shows how plastic the brain really is. My advice to newbies is recovery is possible but it requires a shitload of personal effort, a tremendous amount of self commitment, and realistically a tremendous amount of time to make it through a 'long term' recovery.

• Like 3

So to be able to now pass exams, write papers, give presentations, while holding a job shows how plastic the brain really is. My advice to newbies is recovery is possible but it requires a shitload of personal effort, a tremendous amount of self commitment, and realistically a tremendous amount of time to make it through a 'long term' recovery.

Yes, the brain is plastic but you make an even more important point here. And that's the personal commitment and effort and patience that full recovery requires. It is such an up and down journey. I hope this helps you and anyone else thinking about quitting just how much is possible if you shed the yolk around your neck and get free from addiction to such a debilitating drug.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!