QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Aches and pains

Krax

Since I've been off amphetamines I notice that I notice little aches and pains a lot more, just like I notice my feelings more, not to mention what is around me. I'm not complaining but am curious if others have had this experience too. I remember times when I took Ritalin, when I would cut myself or bump into something and not even notice it. i was so disconnected and out of touch that it took me a week into having pneumonia a couple years ago before I realised how sick I was,

I had aches and pains and muscle cramps and charlie horses and muscle twitches and I just thought it was something I had to live with growing into middle age. I thought it was something lacking in my diet or a long term adderall withdrawl symptom.

Been doing yoga for a year now and all that stuff just gradually went away. The aches, pains and cramps do return when I don't practice yoga for a week or so, so now, I do yoga on my own almost daily in addition to going to the class when I can.

Interesting. My experience has actually been opposite. On adderall I always had minor afflictions that caused pain. Sore gums, canker sores, cuts, hangnails and sore fingers. Having more aches and pains in general sounds like a normal side effect of getting older :)