QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Matcha Green Tea

I recently ran out of this and the price is a little too steep for me to re-up right now, but if you can afford it, I'd definitely recommend a good matcha green tea. If you don't already like green tea, don't bother--even a green tea lover I've recommended it to said it almost made her throw up. It's essentially high quality green tea leaves pounded with a stone to make a very fine powder. So fine that if you flip the jar from an upside-down state to an upright state and open the can, you'll find your nostrils lined with green powder and your hands looking like Shrek. Be warned.

Well, if that didn't turn you off of it, it has a LOAD of B vitamins in it. It has ~130x the amount of EGCG in it than regular green tea, it has more antioxidant capacity than blueberries and açai berries, and it boosts your metabolism pretty well! I feel like it has more l-theanine in it than regular old green tea, too, which balances out the caffeine jitters and gives you calming natural stimulation. It's not magic, but it helped pick me up a little when I used it. It's a pretty good detoxing agent, too. I read one study where it upped the excretion of environmental toxins in rats. I found it helped my digestive system a little, too. Your mileage may vary, but just something you might wanna look into!

http://www.amazon.com/DoMatcha-Green-Harvest-Matcha-2-82-Ounce/dp/B0019FR0WQ

• 3 months later...