QuittingAdderall.com Forums

PAWS?

I've been clean off the Addie's for 7 months. I went from 60mg daily, cut down to 30mg, then went cold turkey. I was bedridden for 3 months, then was starting to feel halfway normal at 6 months. About a week ago, I felt as if I fell right into the first stages of withdrawal. I've literally been in bed for 1 week & I've been crazy, anxious, depressed & sleeping for most of the day. Is this what PAWS is?! Fck! Right before I fell into this dark hole, I was doing great. I managed to get myself to hike every other day, eat healthy & sleep for no more than 8 hours a day. I feel like adderall had turned me bipolar.

I've been clean off the Addie's for 7 months. I went from 60mg daily, cut down to 30mg, then went cold turkey. I was bedridden for 3 months, then was starting to feel halfway normal at 6 months. About a week ago, I felt as if I fell right into the first stages of withdrawal. I've literally been in bed for 1 week & I've been crazy, anxious, depressed & sleeping for most of the day. Is this what PAWS is?! Fck! Right before I fell into this dark hole, I was doing great. I managed to get myself to hike every other day, eat healthy & sleep for no more than 8 hours a day. I feel like adderall had turned me bipolar.

It sounds like an episode of PAWS to me. The bad news: it's terrible. The good news: it'll pass, and you'll feel yourself again. You've made some big strides with the routine you've established since you quit. Just know that it'll pass, and it sounds like you're doing great otherwise....read up on PAWS. For some reason for me, when I was/am going through PAWS understanding what I'm experiencing made it more tolerable.

I just want to mention one thing about PAWS.  Sometimes I think nothing in particular "triggers" PAWS.  Could be situational, could be health-related, could be exhaustion, could be stress, could be nothing at all.  To be honest, I completely forgot about PAWS for the last few weeks and I now know some of my really down days were absolutely PAWS days.  I just thought I was tired and unfit.  

Maybe it's useful to put a label on it, I guess; but I'm learning that sometimes labels cause me to go in to an anxious state of, "when am I going to get over this, already?!" rather than accepting the process and moving on.   Just my 2 cents.  

• Like 1

#4 icon_share.pngMotivation_Follows_Action

Posted Yesterday, 06:00 PM

I just want to mention one thing about PAWS.  Sometimes I think nothing in particular "triggers" PAWS.  Could be situational, could be health-related, could be exhaustion, could be stress, could be nothing at all.  To be honest, I completely forgot about PAWS for the last few weeks and I now know some of my really down days were absolutely PAWS days.  I just thought I was tired and unfit.  

Maybe it's useful to put a label on it, I guess; but I'm learning that sometimes labels cause me to go in to an anxious state of, "when am I going to get over this, already?!" rather than accepting the process and moving on.   Just my 2 cents.  

Wow! You really are and ADVANCED member, Motivation_Follows_Action. I really don't get how I have achieved the same advanced status after just 30 days sober from Adderall. Your words, your 2 cents, are from a higher plane. I am still in the complaining phase. I guess acceptance can be a slippery slope for a newbe.  Thank you for the support and inspiration you provide.