QuittingAdderall.com Forums

What motivates me to work. What motivates you?

Zerokewl

Okay so I've been free for almost two months. I've slept a lot gained some weight. Smoked too many cigarets. Broke up with my girlfriend. Watched everything I built on adderall fade away. It's been shitty. The depression & lethargy caused me to  watch some really terrible Netflix.

I sleep well most nights now and I've started exercising . I need to address my diet.  I'm trying to get motivated.  Here are some ways I've been getting motivated to work

- exercise short walks

- green tea and coffee  

- ginseng, C0Q10, Vit D, B

- imagining what will happen if I do nothing

- working in coffee shops

- setting timers 20 min work 5 min break

- background noise

My slogan for this year is "consistent swagger".  What do you do to get motivated?

• Like 4

I'm a huge fan of tricking myself into working.  I tell myself I'm only going to do 5 or 10 minutes, and I tell myself it's going to be really easy.  I usually end up doing a lot more than expected.  Also, the 20 minute timer with 5 minute breaks works really well!

I REALLY like the suggestion about imagining what will happen if I do nothing..... definitely gonna be using that one!

Making everything as crappy as possible.  It becomes a game to get something, anything done.

If it's worth doing, then DO IT NOW!!

Lately, I'm trying to start finding my deepest motivation in 100% pure love.   Love for the goals I have set in front of me.

• Like 3

these are from an advertising blog

Guilt – Who hasn’t felt at some time that they weren’t doing all they could to achieve the kind of success they want in life? Have any of you fully tapped your potential?

Exclusivity – You’re being told you’re smarter than those who are making it – others who are less intelligent, able and ambitious than you.

Greed – If only you could achieve according to your potential, you could have all that success brings – all that those other, less capable people have.

Fear – You’re losing out. If you don’t do something soon, you’ll never have success. You’ll be a failure!

• Like 2

Some motivators for me:

-Being in a new environment where I need to prove my worth.

-Knowing that every minute I work, when I don't want to, builds character.

-Telling myself I will be better today then yesterday.

-Relating to exercise, knowing that I will get a natural high after a good workout.

-Having to support someone else.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...