QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Work anxiety...and relationships

lunax

Haven't taken adderall for a few days now. Went away for the weekend which was great because I didn't need it and was able to sleep, eat, sleep and eat. But now I'm going back to work tomorrow and I'm feeling anxious because I know my energy/productivity level will be at best a 1.5 out of 10. I have a lot to do and I feel like this is when the need to take it will kick in. I actually am out of it now but I know I can call my doctor and ask for an appointment which will get me another script. I seriously wish I could just stay home for an entire month.

On another note, I had a wonderful 6yr anniversay weekend with my fiancé. He loves the non adderall user in me so much more and so I do honestly. I wish this was enough motivation for me to stop taking it, but then he'd end up with a non motivated, unsuccessful, fat wife...and well that's not fun either.

Ehh

OMG, you need to dwell on this!

On another note, I had a wonderful 6yr anniversay weekend with my fiancé. He loves the non adderall user in me so much more and so I do honestly.

FAST FORWARD this week at work:

You go to work tomorrow. You tell yourself, I DO NOT NEED Adderall to function. I will do whatever it takes to make it through this week and by Friday night I am going to feel like a ROCKSTAR because I SURVIVED my first week without Adderall. This will be the hardest week, BUT after I get through it, the next week will be EASIER and EASIER. I am going to be SO FREAKING PROUD of myself for going to work PILL FREE. I am NOW IN RECOVERY. I AM HEALING. I AM COURAGOUS, STRONG, POSITIVE, MOTIVATED, AND DETERMINED to WIN. I WILL OVERCOME THIS WEEK. I WILL SUCCEED. I can't wait to tell my fiancé that I DIDN'T take Adderall all week even though I wanted to. I can't wait to see the look in his eye when I share my accomplishment with him. But most importantly, I can't wait to look in the mirror on Friday night and see an Adderall free lady looking back at me. How awesome will that feel?

Keep pushing on. You have made it this far!!!!! Don't give up!!!

HUGS!!

• Like 4

I have to admit I got more done than I expected and the day went by much faster than i thought it would. But my body feels sooooo heavy, like I'm carrying a ton of bricks! I know this goes away with time (because I've been here before) but I wish it was a much faster process.

• Like 1