QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Getting Shit Done Club

BeHereNow

So we have the 12 miles a week running and walking clubs, and these accountability systems seem to really work for a lot of us.   It's pretty amazing!

So now that a new school year is starting, I'm wondering if anyone would like to start a Getting Shit Done club.    We could post our lists of shit that needs to get done each day or week, and hold each other accountable.  This might help us be more productive/efficient, and we can also encourage each other and celebrate getting shit done. 

• Like 1

So we have the 12 miles a week running and walking clubs, and these accountability systems seem to really work for a lot of us.   It's pretty amazing!

So now that a new school year is starting, I'm wondering if anyone would like to start a Getting Shit Done club.    We could post our lists of shit that needs to get done each day or week, and hold each other accountable.  This might help us be more productive/efficient, and we can also encourage each other and celebrate getting shit done. 

Great idea, and how about a "got 'er done" club too?  where members could just post the important and meaningful things they started or finished that day?

I dont have anything really to put today because havent started yet but. need to..

take care of class registration stuff

Run my 12 miles for the upcoming week

Rest and Relax my final weekend before work and classes start Monday.

Get back into the work/school mindset

OK! Last night I FINALLY finished everything on that checklist and I am so happy to finally have that shit DONE because it's been driving me crazy!!!

And for today:

-Call my insurance company:

-Go to the pharmacy:

-Run a few miles, then go swimming:

-Pack

-Drive 5 hours

-Finish writing my other syllabus

-Edit the other syllabus if necessary NOT NECESSARY!

-Post them both online

-Plan my lectures for tomorrow

-Check my email YET AGAIN and deal with EVERYTHING in it (I hate email, it gives me horrible anxiety!!!)

-Get myself pumped up for a great semester.  I need to get into a positive and courageous mindset

-Say goodbye and good riddance to this crappy summer

-Go to bed early

EDIT: I'm crossing these out as I get 'em done!

I can honestly say that if I hadn't posted this, I wouldn't have spent an extra hour and a half dealing with this shit tonight.  It works! :)

Great idea, and how about a "got 'er done" club too?  where members could just post the important and meaningful things they started or finished that day?

Nice alternative, Quit-once. Thank you. This could be a very popular topic and post Occaisional01.

Saturday - I got a haircut. I know it sounds pathetic, but that is all I had.

Sunday - I cut the lawn. I dread this every weekend, but if I miss it, I am behind the eight ball. I can't do it during the week. After I finished cutting the grass, I continued to work cutting back spent growth in my garden beds (about half of what is needed). I filled two 55 gallon bags to the top. I worked until dusk. My mindset is still set with the pill.

• Like 2

Nice alternative, Quit-once. Thank you. This could be a very popular topic and post Occaisional01.

Saturday - I got a haircut. I know it sounds pathetic, but that is all I had.

Sunday - I cut the lawn. I dread this every weekend, but if I miss it, I am behind the eight ball. I can't do it during the week. After I finished cutting the grass, I continued to work cutting back spent growth in my garden beds (about half of what is needed). I filled two 55 gallon bags to the top. I worked until dusk. My mindset is still set with the pill.

Jon getting a haircut is a pretty big accomplishment!!!  It takes a LOT of motivation and you have to really want it.  Haha.  Well done both days!    I know what you mean about the pill mindset.... I think mine is still with it somehow too.

• Like 1

Okay I'm doing this again because it helps.  It's really boring, especially this particular list--its SO BORING !!! haha.  Well I don't expect anyone to actually read this but even just posting it helps.

Shit to get done today:

• Run 4 miles and do at least 30 push-ups
  • Pay 2 bills
  • Scan some articles
  • Post them online
  • Finish setting up my course websites, including: the next 2 weeks' worth of assignments, gradebooks, rubrics
  • Plan lessons for tomorrow
  • Registration
  • LAUNDRY!!!!
  • Buy some groceries
  • Clean the litter box
  • Make a dr. appointment
  • Send 2 emails
  • Read, and work on a proposal (more of an ongoing thing)
  • Call a friend

Doesn't sound like a club for me, I'm allergic to work. :unsure2:

Seriously though, great idea!

Saturday:

Cleared our the wife's failed garden

Repaired soffits that got blown out 2 years ago

went to HD to pick up nails for soffits and some exterior paint

nailed the soffits and cleaned up my tools

took the kids swimming

Sunday:

played video games with the kids

went grocery shopping for BTS

Monday:

stripped and painted 1 exterior door frame

painted the garage door frames

took care of some paperwork at the hangar

went to my dad's BD party

got rid of the final tree root in the garden

moved the brush pile from Saturday's demolition

made dinner

took the kids swimming

prepped everything for BTS

I guess I did get something done this weekend; the yard still looks like crap though.  It's been too dry to mow the lawn, at least that's what I tell myself.

Trying to find the balance between getting things done and spending time with the kids.  I don't want them to miss out on the value of a good day's work and I don't want them to think that they are less important than anything else in my life.

Tuesday:

Get pool closing supplies @ pool store

Strip and paint front door frame and threshold - keepin' it simple for the first day of the work week

• Like 1

Doesn't sound like a club for me, I'm allergic to work. :unsure2:

Seriously though, great idea!

Saturday:

Cleared our the wife's failed garden

Repaired soffits that got blown out 2 years ago

went to HD to pick up nails for soffits and some exterior paint

nailed the soffits and cleaned up my tools

took the kids swimming

Sunday:

went grocery shopping for BTS

Monday:

stripped and painted 1 exterior door frame

painted the garage door frames

took care of some paperwork at the hangar

went to my dad's BD party

got rid of the final tree root in the garden

moved the brush pile from Saturday's demolition

made dinner

took the kids swimming

prepped everything for BTS

I guess I did get something done this weekend; the yard still looks like crap though.  It's been too dry to mow the lawn, at least that's what I tell myself.

Trying to find the balance between getting things done and spending time with the kids.  I don't want them to miss out on the value of a good day's work and I don't want them to think that they are less important than anything else in my life.

Tuesday:

Get pool closing supplies @ pool store

Strip and paint front door frame and threshold - keepin' it simple for the first day of the work week

Wow what are you taking? I want some of that.

• Like 1

Great job 1Bad!!!

Okay it's Sunday and I've been a slacker the past few days so it's time to get on it.

TODAY I need to:

Grade a huge stack of essays  DONE!!!!!!!!

Read

Prep for tomorrow

Write a set of questions

Start reading something else  Definitely not happening today! Haha

Run 4 miles

Ugh...... if someone handed me an adderall right now I would probably take it.   Just sayin.

I know the feeling OC-1

I finally got to the front door on Saturday and did a complete hack job on it, got paint everywhere.  I was using flat white so it probably won't turn out too bad.  I had a case of the f--kits

I tore down my hot tub on Saturday and helped load it on to his trailer; I was sad to see it go but I need to simplify my life because I get sooooo easily overwhelmed right now.  If only I could ditch the pool.

My to do list for this week:

Survive the nasty heat today

Find someone to move a shed that was given to me

Get my last 2 hours of flight training complete (got to fly but not done yet)

Get copies of hunting licenses to my outfitter

Bring hot tub supplies to work so my brother can pick them up (my memory is so bad lately)

Mow the lawn (we are finally getting rain!) - still drought conditions

I'd like to finish staining the playset but I don't know - I guess it will wait

Sight in my rifle

At some point I need to clean my garage and workshop, find someone to do some minor landscaping, and get back to my hobby (building a plane).  I have to start making time for the gym too.

Putting it all down in writing just bummed me out.  Now it is here in front of everyone so I will hopefully be more accountable.

• Like 1

That's so true!  The key to to-do lists is to be motivated but not let yourself get overwhelmed.  Maybe a combination of daily and weekly lists would be ideal.

OK so I have to finish reading all this crap today.   My brain has stopped working though, I just wanna go home relax and go to bed but I'm chained here in the library with this pile of crap I can't even understand.   I think it must be a PAWS day.  Brain fog and soo damn tired.

I used to work here on adderall.  There are spots where i can't sit because it would be too much of a trigger.  The whole thing is a trigger really.   Sometimes it's hard to remember why I even quit in the first place.

Well I'm gonna stop venting and make this official....I am not leaving here until I've finished at least the first (huge) chapter. 

• Like 1

How did your week go Occasional01?  I am going to vent a little bit because I'm just pissed off right now.  I went flying on Wednesday night and the conditions were sooo crappy that we couldn't finish everything that I need to go over before I can take my final exam.  My instructor's schedule completely sucks; I have been trying to finish up since July and I only get 1 or 2 appointments a month and the conditions have be absolute garbage for the last two lessons; almost makes me want to quit flying and my confidence is really shaken.  Then I've got to get the pool closed.  The guy at the pool store told me that I should keep it open for a little while longer and I foolishly listened.  Now it's too cold to get it cleaned really well before closing it.  I would close it this weekend but somehow I got roped in to going up North and I can't get out of that.  Everything on my "to do" list at work completely sucks and I'm tired because I had to work late last night.  Off to answer another email to a fellow employee who doesn't pay attention to the information I gave them yesterday and wants an update.

Thanks for listening.  Time to start putting together my list for next week I guess.

• Like 1