QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Getting Shit Done Club

BeHereNow

I feel ya 1Bad.  Getting shit done really sucks sometimes, especially when a lot of it is out of our control-- when other people are in the picture. 

Slowly but surely I got that shit done, and other shit, but not enough.  This weekend I have to make up for it--need to get a LOT of shit to get done that I don't wanna think about.  I'm dealing with some work-related drama right now too..... no bueno. : / 

We just have to keep pressing on.

So time to put together the list for the week:

find coolant leak on truck scheduled service for Friday

I still need to mow my lawn

at home project for work (currently @ 50% 60% 90%)

pool closing activities

clean part of the garage (I'm going to try attacking it in small bites.  Maybe that'll be more successful?)

Here it is, Wednesday and I didn't make my list yet.  I guess that's what happens in the life of an ADHDer.

I still need to mow my lawn - I am going to try to do it tonight (there I said it so now I have a goal and accountability that's what this group is about)

pool closing activities - arrrrggggg

clean part of the garage

reward myself with hobby time

How is your list going Occasional01

I tried this list thing at work but I tend to cherry pick so I never get the really really really crappy stuff checked off the list.

Ok, I'm in a little bit of a shame spiral because I haven't been able to knock this stuff off my list, got yelled at by my wife about cleaning my office and the garage, and I'm working late tonight so I can't get anything done at home.  Does anyone else struggle with this?

Uh, you mean life?  Yep, pretty much.  

• Like 2

Yeah.  I get caught in shame spirals too, in fact it happened this morning.  And then I don't get anything done because there's too much shame, and then it piles up, and then I'm rushing at the last minute...... Maybe we need to fight the shame spiral!

So, this evening I have shit to read, shit to write, and shit to grade.   It's going to take a miracle, as usual. 

I've been missing adderall a LOT lately.  I know I'm romanticizing it, but I miss getting shit done with its help.  I hate how long things take me now.  I hate that my work day no longer involves that euphoric feeling.   Recovering from adderall is so fucking hard :/  

• Like 2