QuittingAdderall.com Forums

3 monthish

Zerokewl

ZK, I agree with needing to deal with your cig addiction now. If you believe you need to quit, and you really want to quit smoking, now is the time. I found it easier to just put the whole addiction mess behind me and move forward with life. I linked cigs and addies as mutual friends that supported one another. I was a smoker for 30+ years. Of course it wasn't easy, but eliminating those two insidious addictions from my life helped me focus better on adderall recovery. Oddly enough, I still miss the smoke once and a while but I never miss the adderall. Finding my own personal freedom from addictive substances is a life lesson I have learned, and for that, I am greatful I indeed battled and have beaten those two awful addictions.

• Like 2

Quit-once, 

I agree the addy+cig relationship was a strong one.   I had actually quit smoking for a year, was starting to get in good shape and had some pretty good life balance going on then I decided to try adderall. Within a month I was smoking again and the whole life balance thing was completely outta whack.  That was 2 years ago. From what I remember quitting smoking was such a huge accomplishment for my health, self esteem, finances and overall my thinking was clearer.  

I've tried to quit a few times in the last 5 months , every time resulted in being in bed for 3 days straight and feeling really down. I will quit.  I need to take a stand. 

• Like 1