QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

But oh so necessary.....in moderation

Moderation is something that is lacked by addicts, isn't it?

how so?

I got my hopes up today, even though I knew better, and then I was let down.  The roller coaster isn't so much fun on days that I'm already feeling brittle.

Moderation is something that is lacked by addicts, isn't it?

I got my hopes up today, even though I knew better, and then I was let down.  The roller coaster isn't so much fun on days that I'm already feeling brittle.

maybe redefine how you view "hope"?  Without hope, things look pretty dark to me.  "hope springs eternal" whatever that means.

Hope is THE main seed of my optimism!

• Like 2

I didn't say that I was bereft of hope, only that hope is a dangerous thing.  Did you see The Dark Knight Rises?  The prisoners were given false hope of escape in that movie in order to make them more miserable or drive them crazy.  Hope for the unattainable can cloud the judgement and cause people to make bad decisions.

I prefer to base my optimism on faith, not hope.  I believe tomorrow will be a better day; I don't just hope for it.

Rejuvenated - I got up early this morning for an 1.5 hr flight.  It was -9° F on the ground but was +20° F at 3,000'; the view was clear and beautiful.  Getting to watch the sunrise from that perch was quite breathtaking.

Wow, that sounds exciting! Where's my camera?

Did you pass everything?  Congratulations!

Wow, that sounds exciting! Where's my camera?

Did you pass everything? Congratulations!

This was just a currency flight, Monday is the real deal if the weather holds out. I wanted to take some pictures but preflight was sooo cold that I didn't feel like monkeying around with getting my phone out and, once you have two people crammed into a 152, there's no way to access my holster underneath my jacket and snow pants.
  • Like 1

This was just a currency flight, Monday is the real deal if the weather holds out. I wanted to take some pictures but preflight was sooo cold that I didn't feel like monkeying around with getting my phone out and, once you have two people crammed into a 152, there's no way to access my holster underneath my jacket and snow pants.

Ahh, Aviator terminology! So your Check flight (after which you can fly solo) is scheduled for Monday, weather permitting. You have prepared a long time for this and I know you can do it! Go Justin!!!

Ahh, Aviator terminology! So your Check flight (after which you can fly solo) is scheduled for Monday, weather permitting. You have prepared a long time for this and I know you can do it! Go Justin!!!

More aviator terminology to tell you about, I actually can fly solo right now with my student pilot license as long as my instructor endorses my logbook for the flight.  My first solo was 2/16/2013, the check ride will be for my private pilot license ASEL (Airplane Single Engine Land).  I have 10 hours solo currently.  I have lunch with my instructor tomorrow to go over the planning portion of the check ride and the weather is still looking beautiful.  Thank you so much for the encouragement Jon!

• Like 2

One way or the other, you will make this deadline, even if it means an extension.

Lol just got an extension the client is really happy with the product and some what apologetic of one of his internal resources dropping the ball.   After all my freaking out I may actually make the deadline. 

• Like 2