QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

whats with people and ringtones. Like do really need an audible tone every single time someone messages you. Do you not know how to turn that off make it quiet.  What is wrong with you. 

We don't like keeping the phone that close to our bodies.  I am terrified of the radiation from a cell phone, so I always have the ringer turned on, and LOUD.  One time in the grocery store, my phone went off and the lady in front of me looked at me like I had farted or something.

• Like 1

I was in a quiet traditional irish pub (no tv's etc)  having dinner and every-time this woman got a text a "ding-ding" went off.  Probably like 20-30 times it really harshed the vibe.  There were fewer then 20 people in the pub all mostly reading quietly etc. It was the most annoying thing I have encountered. 

people's cell phone habits really annoy me so now I must go on a rant.  Your experience in the pub was unfortunate for several reasons.  First, the phone should have been silenced and secondly, why can't people just leave their phones alone and enjoy their surroundings or their company?  phone rings in classrooms, meetings, restaurants or yoga classes are really annoying.  People always talk at a higher volume when on their phone in public - why is that?   If someone thinks they can talk and drive then fine, but science has proven the level of distraction is on par with being legally drunk and I think cell phone use while driving should be illegal everywhere.  Because I generally don't silence my phone, I usually leave it in the car or at home.  I usually pull over to take a call while driving.

During Adderall, I was convinced keeping my phone in my shirt pocket was causing heart palpitations.  In fact, I couldn't tell the difference between the phone vibrating and a heart palpitation.  But when I quit carrying it in my pocket and the palpitations continued, well, that was just one more reason I needed to quit.

• Like 3

You should post annoying text message ring tone rants on my previous thread "People are really pissing me off".  I think it qualifies.  LOL

I certainly appreciate more subtle notification features on  phones and most things. I have my phone set permanently to silent the vibration  is enough.

ZK, in case you haven't heard. the first four episodes of Game of Thrones new season leaked out by accident. They are all over the internet torrents but Im watching them on primewire.ag 

PS deleted post above bc of spoilers for anyone who isnt caught up yet. sry!

• Like 1

ZK, in case you haven't heard. the first four episodes of Game of Thrones new season leaked out by accident. They are all over the internet torrents but Im watching them on primewire.ag 

PS deleted post above bc of spoilers for anyone who isnt caught up yet. sry!

I heard about the leaked episodes.  Think I will just wait wouldn't be Sunday without GOT. 

• Like 1