QuittingAdderall.com Forums

One Word Status Update

JustinW

Thanks for the continued encouragement. Brick by brick indeed. Patience has never been my strong suit, add that to the lessons I'm learning pile. Can't help feeling like some damn gremlin is chucking my hard fought for bricks right back at me at times! Even so I cling to recent memories of good days (usually more like hours) and tell myself it IS getting better. They key is very much what you said; TAKE IT SLOW.

• Like 1

Thanks for the continued encouragement. Brick by brick indeed. Patience has never been my strong suit, add that to the lessons I'm learning pile. Can't help feeling like some damn gremlin is chucking my hard fought for bricks right back at me at times! Even so I cling to recent memories of good days (usually more like hours) and tell myself it IS getting better. They key is very much what you said; TAKE IT SLOW.

I don't know when recovery stopped being my primary focus in life but in time your brain sorta forgets. I almost forget what it is like to take one. Amazing what a lot of rest can do for you.  Just allow yourself to heal, and you will start little improvements then all those little gains become big gains and so on.    

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know when recovery stopped being my primary focus in life but in time your brain sorta forgets. I almost forget what it is like to take one. Amazing what a lot of rest can do for you.  Just allow yourself to heal, and you will start little improvements then all those little gains become big gains and so on.    

So true Z!!!  In the beginning, recovery SUCKS!!!  But in time it just finally goes away and it's like the last thing you even think about other than when I come to this website to help others.  You don't have to feel deprived anymore or miss the old days.  You just finally forget about that shit.  :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...