QuittingAdderall.com Forums

THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE!!

Freedom's Wings

It's worth a shot. As of This Thurday, Sept, 19, 2013, I will officially be out off addy. So then I have proposed to myself to take a 30 day challenge.

And it goes a lil' sumn like dis....After many failed attempts at successfully quitting addy once and for all, I have resolved to not and never give up. Instead I will try again...and again...and again...until I succeed.Thus, I have proposed a challenged to myself designed to keep me honest, aware, and accountable. I call this " The 30 day challenge!" My plan is to start small bhy setting a do not take addy for 30 days goal. During this time , among other things I will log on to the site , to this post, daily and simply write "confirm" or "deny" as to whether I have met my goal of not taking addy for that day. At least ...it Sounds simple enough....I will begin this process on Sunday: Til Then, Be well , if not good Friends.

F. Wingz

• Like 2

I think this is a good idea, because with addiction, I think the one-day-at-a-time mentality is so helpful, because thinking of long-term can be too overwhelming. Honestly, 16 months sober, and I still thank God at night for one more day sober off of adderall. You can do this if you choose to! We're rooting for you. Please keep us posted.

• Like 1

Salutations,

Thankyou thankyou thankyou for your responses. It only motivates me more. Hi Ashley, it's Good to hear from you. You have been a consistent ear during This fight. Its amazibg how you can build connections with people you have never even met. I do think to consider you as I make or do not make a post. What I am tryng to say is that you have helped to keep me accountable, and I thank you. Also, not to be forgotten, Congrats on your continued sobriety.

Futhermore, after reading these responses, I was struck by a bright idea or thought , per reading lunaxs' comment, that perhaps if anyone may come across this page and are also inspired to take " The 30 day challange" you are very much welcome to post here, or even create your own "30 days challenge" page. Either way I'm just reaching out as it may serve help someone else. Til next time friends, if not good, may you be well.

Btw, I havent taken any addy today. And wont be. I have only two left, in which I am saving for tomorrow. And thus, I am pooped and off to nap. Good thing I have a couple days off of work.

F.Wingz

I havent taken any in 8 days. I am knee deep in wedding planning right now and I'm forcing myself to do it without adderall because I keep thinking about all of the supportive things that people have said to me on here. I am just going to take it day by day but your 30 day challenge idea has been stuck in my head...so thank you.

• Like 4

Day 12

I'm feeling good. Wish I could stop eating but otherwise looking fwd to hitting the gym this week.

Need to see my doc soon to refill antidepressants which is making me a little anxious. I'm thinking of calling ahead and letting her receptionist know that I will not be refilling my adderal rx because I know if I get a script it won't be good. Just taking it day by day.

How r u Freedom?

• Like 1

Day 12

I'm feeling good. Wish I could stop eating but otherwise looking fwd to hitting the gym this week.

Need to see my doc soon to refill antidepressants which is making me a little anxious. I'm thinking of calling ahead and letting her receptionist know that I will not be refilling my adderal rx because I know if I get a script it won't be good. Just taking it day by day.

How r u Freedom?

Salutations, 

I'd just like to thank everyone for the continued support and  motivation. Keep it coming. I'm gonna beat this thing. We're gonna beat this thing. TOGETHER. 

@Lunax Oh the gluttony, It's agonizing. Feed my face, do something random, re-feed my face. lol. I'm with you regarding getting in a good workout. Luckily, I have a treadmill here at the house. I think i'll begin incorporating that into my daily cycle, perhaps just 15 minutes a day to start, then posting when I do. This is about the future. This is about right now. Right now is the future. With that said I believe I am off to the treadmill. Later Gang. May you be well!

FW

Update: Got my 15 mins in. 

• Like 1