QuittingAdderall.com Forums

THE 30 DAY CHALLENGE!!

Freedom's Wings

I can totally relate to what you described. I had a moment like that a few weeks ago...i too looked in the mirror and thought to myself "there you are...it's been a while". It also happened the first time I laughed really hard, it was almost like hearing myself laugh for the first time. Kinda bugged out but cool at the same time.

Thank you for reminding me about laughing.  That is one of the biggest things that has returned since quitting adderall; being able to truly laugh and laugh often!  Laughter is such a gift.

@LL - great work; you are past the halfway point

@Lunax - you are counting up and counting down at the same time!  How many days will you have off adderall by the big date?

@FW - Only 4 days to the finish line; thank you for starting this post and keeping it fresh!

• Like 1

FW- I understand the feeling! It's been so much easier for me to laugh off my adderall! Although I feel like my energy is down some days I do find myself laughing more. I'm slowly starting to see my old self come back. Congrats on day 25!! And thanks to lunax is now have the forum as an app on my homepage which reminds me to check it daily now :) keep going strong!

Lunax- as always, so very proud of you!! Today's 38 for you, right? Kick ass girl! :)

Thanks again for everyone's support! Today Is day 18 for me! Taking it one day at a time!

• Like 1

Hola! 

Hello there gangoholics! Logging on to attack the scoreboard and wish everyone a great weekend! Here's to you and yours B)  I hope all is well! I've been running around a lot the last couple days. I am finally stationary and with internet service! Yay me!  :ph34r2:

Furthermore, I just want to congratulate everyone on their continued success! Keep striving.  Happy Day 39 Lunax! You're putting up some big numbers these days my friend!  Cheers to your success on day 19 LL! Soon you'll be legal enough to have a drink or 2. not too many though :wink: . 

Also, I just wanted to make a comment about an earlier post regarding laughter, I know right! The laughter is so authentic, it almost makes me feel like a kid again. Makes my heart smile. I never thought something once seemingly so automatic that it's often taken for granted, would actually turn out to be so precious.  But, I'm getting the funny feeling that such is life.  :D Guess it's like they say,  turns out it's the little things that mean the most eh...

And, last but never least, Day 27: CONFIRMEDDDD!!!!!! !

Toodles for now my beloveds, i'm headed off to the grocery store to get some real food; if i eat one more freakin Reese's buttercup, I'm going to turn into a cocoa puff! Smoochez :wub2: 

• Like 2

Thank you for reminding me about laughing.  That is one of the biggest things that has returned since quitting adderall; being able to truly laugh and laugh often!  Laughter is such a gift.

@LL - great work; you are past the halfway point

@Lunax - you are counting up and counting down at the same time!  How many days will you have off adderall by the big date?

@FW - Only 4 days to the finish line; thank you for starting this post and keeping it fresh!

No ...thank you Jus. It's almost like even when I'm not logged on, I can quietly hear you rooting in my corner! You are greatly appreciated my friend! 

• Like 1

Day 20 for me! Never thought I would see the day lol. Is anyone else having a problem with extremely low energy and motivation? I feel like I have hit rock bottom in my energy level, not really sure what to do about it.

Fw- congrats on day 27!! You're doing awesome!

Lunax- can't believe you're already at 39! You da bomb! :)

Keep it up guys!

• Like 1

Day 20 for me! Never thought I would see the day lol. Is anyone else having a problem with extremely low energy and motivation? I feel like I have hit rock bottom in my energy level, not really sure what to do about it.

Keep it up guys!

Congrats on 20 days that's awesome but be ready for low energy levels to last awhile longer. I thank whoever invented Wellbutrin as it sustained me for the first four months I was off of Ritalin. At that point I experienced a resurgence of energy and could no longer tolerate the added activation from Wellbutrin. The point is it took me 4 months, so hang in there.

• Like 1

Thanks for the response krax! I was on Wellbutrin 100 mg sr in the morning and just switched to Effexor a week ago. I'm wandering if the Effexor has caused the dramatic decrease in energy. I switched mainly because it is supposed to help with social anxiety. I'm going to give it a little while longer but i guess I may have to go back on the Wellbutrin to make it through this

Keep it up guys!

LL Greetings and a good day to you!

I think that comes with the territory especially in these early stages. I am so up, then down it's ridiculous. And I won't touch on the night time insomnia on this post. After reading many many posts on here, I heard a lot about the 6 mo and the 12mo point being where you may begin to truly reach any honest resurgence of energy and motivation. Thus I've concluded, for myself, at least, to prepare to trudge it, find new interests, and the big one to be patience with myself, for at least a year, with hopes of seeing some progress by month 6.

Also, during an earlier attempt at quitting, I was placed on Wellbutrin. This time around, I'm testing Geodon, which is more or less for moods and can at times make you a little tired. But, It seems a bit to help with the depression i'm experiencing, which is good because the depression, affects my energy levels, (better mood- better attitude, better attitude- more energy.) I've just started taking it, so we'll see. 

If the Geodon doesn't cut it, I suppose I'l give Wellbutrin another go. I didn't "stay quit" long enough to really know if Welbutrin would have done the trick. I think it takes almost a few months for any of those types of " meds" to find their rhythm. I'm not sure about you but I plan to only take some kind of aide for maybe the next year or so, Then my hope is that I'll be able to take it from there.

What I'm getting at is per our situation, not experiencing what you are at this point would be abnormal. Lack of motivation and energy and many times a host of other erratic, unexplainable ails are assured to occur for a bit during this process. So, first and foremost,  yet I know, easier said than done, be patient with yourself! This is most important. Next, try and find some new things that intrigue you, this may help to spark some inspiration, motivation, and get the ball rolling. Finally, you must mentally prepare yourself to possibly have to "trudge it,"  on and off, for while until your system begins to find some harmony.

I hope this helps babes as I am going through the same issues. But you know what, we got this! Just as we were motivated to find this site when the time was right, and then to finally post, when the time was right, we will find new  inspirations,  like those we once had, that will drive our energy and motivation, and this time around it will be true and honest and lasting and sustain us and our newly found, evolved greater selves. 

We got this! When all else fails, stay close to the forum, stay plugged in. Be Well LL! Congrats on Day 20!!!!!

Fw

• Like 3

Thanks for the response krax! I was on Wellbutrin 100 mg sr in the morning and just switched to Effexor a week ago. I'm wandering if the Effexor has caused the dramatic decrease in energy. I switched mainly because it is supposed to help with social anxiety. I'm going to give it a little while longer but i guess I may have to go back on the Wellbutrin to make it through this

My experience when taking SSRIs post amphetamine was that they made me more tired

• Like 1

I think Wellbutrin is definitely helping me feel a little less lethargic than others times when I have stopped taking adderall. I agree with FW that you must be patient with yourself, this doesn't come easy for me either but I just keep telling myself that this too shall pass! I think the lack of energy is really just normal at this point so maybe its worth giving your new anti D's a chance before you decide to switch back to Wellbutrin.

• Like 2

This forum just makes me happy. It's so great to be able to come here and have people understand what you're going through every step of the way. I think it's especially great that you all quit in the same time frame, so you are well-aware of what one another is going through presently. Way to go all of you!

• Like 4

Can anybody guess what today is?? Thatssssssss right! Today is day 30! As of this day I have successfully ccompleted" The 30 day challenge. " and let me tell you, it has been a wilddd ride, full of ups and downs! But i made it over the hump and my 2week curse.

Now I shall take a moment to celebrate and reflect, before joining Lunax on "The 60 day challenge." Thank you to all who have supported me on this venture as well each person who stands beside me taking the challenge! Thank you! Together we will continue to fight this battle til its won!

For now im off to treat myself to a bit of chill time. I deserve it. Toodles for now babes. :-*

Day 30: CONFIRMEDDDDDDD!

• Like 4