QuittingAdderall.com Forums

rampant on campuses

Greg

in the office where i work, there's a student assistant. and we got into a discussion about how adderall is such a big business on college campuses. She said all the students in her dorm were slipped this flyer for adderall under their door and she took a photo of it.

http://www.imageshack.com/scaled/large/593/8tkm.jpg

Later there was a guy i was talking to who said he was up for 72 hours straight studying for exams and i couldn't help but think he was on adderall. At school it is so easy to fall into this trap, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way.

Later there was a guy i was talking to who said he was up for 72 hours straight studying for exams and i couldn't help but think he was on adderall. At school it is so easy to fall into this trap, unfortunately I had to learn the hard way.

IR, can I just point out something to you, in the spirit of honesty?  In your post in 12 mile running club you said you were about do a couple of all nighters in a row.  Honestly, that got me worried.  No judgment, I can only imagine the stress, but we're here if you need us.  

Hope you're doing ok.. I can imagine the temptation must be immense sometimes.

• Like 2

thanks MFA, my allnighters are not real alnighters because i sleep in. i go to bed at 6:30am and then wake up around noon. But i definitely wont be hanging a white cloth on my door!!!

I am so glad i stayed up late last night because i feel better prepared today. And now i can move on to preparing for another exam!

• Like 4

InRecovery I can't imagine how much strength this must be taking and I admire you.  It sounds like you're not even tempted.  

I'll be honest, my initial reaction was, damn I wish someone had put that note under my door.   My rational mind is really sad this is the way it is for so many college students.    My rational mind would NEVER hang the white flag, no matter what, and knows those fools are just asking to be busted and/or destroy their lives with adderall-- not to mention that I have all these reasons for quitting etc. 

.....but the addict mind says, mmmmmm there's some adderall available somewhere out there.   :/

Hmm.  Just admitting that gives the adderall monster less power somehow.

• Like 3

Well said occasional1.   And zerokewl, reporting it is probably the right thing to do, but I don't imagine IR needs that drama in his life right now.  

I don't think I said this before, but it scares me how rampant prescription meds are in general.  I thought perhaps it was transference from me - that because I'd taken it I was seeing it everywhere - but nope, it just IS everywhere.  

• Like 3