QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Once an Addict, Still an Addict

EnigmaticBelle

I do have ADD, but yes I bounced back and forth between adderall and cocaine. :( Yikes! I'm sure I would've found other drugs had I not had access to either of the two I just mentioned. I loved speed. Now I am addicted to exercise and find the high I get from running, etc. to be the best high yet. :)

Allie, Are you sure you want to stay on it? If you already feel like you can't function without ritalin (and god knows, I truly, truly know what that feels like...) It will only get worse as the years progress...and you'll eventually get to the needing to quit point whether its now or later on...

• Like 1

"you will eventually get to the 'needing to quit' point whether it is now or later on"

InRecovery, I just had to jump in and comment on this one because you just nailed my number one reason for quitting.

ADDICTION IS AN UNSUSTAINABLE DISEASE!

Sure, we can trade adderall for ritalin and then ritalin for cocaine and then cocaine for meth but the bottom line is that we are addicted to the way stimulants make us feel. Trading one for another simply delays the perceived need to quit, unless the addict is determined to persue their addiction all the way to their grave, and those who choose that path will have a miserable existence leading to an early demise.

• Like 1