QuittingAdderall.com Forums

My alternatives to adderall

After quitting adderall life becomes very demanding. All of a sudden its like, "Wtf you aren't supposed to enjoy working long repetitive hours?" And then you start to wonder whether tossing the pills was actually shooting yourself in the foot.

When you first quit it's terrifying and depression encompasses your thoughts and your life around you. You begin to question whether or not you actually have what it takes to even keep your job in the midst of quitting. Life moves on however and you still have responsibilities. Luckily I've found some pretty interesting treatments that seem to be helping. For me, there's no way I would've made it to this point without a few adderall alternatives.

1. CBT - Everyday I discuss how my week went with a trained mental health professional. I tell him what I struggled with and what I did well with. I then set realistic goals for whatever improvements I want to see for the next week.

2. Exercise - Studies have shown that there is an increase in nearly every aspect of cognition when you exercise regularly. Staying consistent is the key though.

3. Friends and Family - They are your number one asset in life. After all, they're why I quit. There's a big difference between messing up and having a beer with your friends, vs a having beer alone at home.

4. Supplements - These are the most effective supplements I've found so far in getting through tough situations, especially at work - Energy drinks, rhodiola rosea, st. johns wort, lithium orotate, and piracetam. I'm sure there are many more out there, but I try to get by as often as possible without these.

And I haven't tried this yet, but there is this watch out there that has an alarm system that vibrates and a message pops up on the screen reminding you to do something. So if you have a problem with making it to appointments or forgetting tasks that need to be done it will remind you in a subtle way.  It's like having your memory worn on your wrist and only you know its there. Apparently you can program whatever message you want onto it, so it could also be like motivational quotes and stuff. Anyways I'll check it out.

This is currently how i'm making it and I can honestly say i'm doing alright for the shape i'm in!

edit: Here's the link to the watch: http://watchminder.com/products/watchminder3-in-white

• Like 2