QuittingAdderall.com Forums

trying to quiet adderal

Shorti125

Hi I am new to this I figured I give it a try since I really don't have anyone to talk to ..it all started couple years ago when I first tried adderal I loved the feeling .. I have always been able to come off any drug that I have taken .. a month ago I was diagnosed with ADHD .. he started me with 10mg .. the first day I was good only took the two I was told to .. I had side effects dry mouth an started smoking like a whole pack of cigarettes. . The next day I took my first dose then my second but then it started not really working so well so I took another ..you get the picture. . By the time I had my doctors appointment for him to check how I was doing I was out of pills an having really bad withdrawals.. so he up my dose to 20mg ir I was so happy to beable to take my pills an stop the withdrawl I told myself ok this is a higher dose can't go crazy on it .. well I got to the pharmacy an they tell me my insurance won't cover it because you can only get 90 a month. . He only gives me 60 .. she tells me to come back in 5 days .. I was so pissed off I called ny doctor like he told me to if I had a problem that didn't help .. anyways I waited the 5 horrible days .. finally got my pills.. first day did good took one right when I got it .. then the second one around 4 .. then my ativan 1mg at 11.. well after that it was all down till .. I started taking up to 60 mg a day. Then 90 then 100 .. well I am just about out now an don't see mt doctor for another week ..it Was so much easier to quiet the other drugs I have tried before because I couldn't afford to keep buying them .. now this is hard I know once I get that script I will get the pills an start this whole thing all over again .. I have a one year old daughter I don't want her to think its ok to pop pills .. I can actually say the pills do really work good for me if I take them right .. I am more focused I can concentrat more an be a better mother to my daughter .. before I was angry all the time had anxiety attacks etc.. I also take celexa and ativan celexa makes it so I am not as angry .. well hopefully I can fix this problem .. maybe I should just get the script but give my mother the bottle an tell her to give me the right dose .. well only have 5 pills left I broke them into 10mg so will use these ones up because I know once they are gone I am fine .. wish me luck

Shorti125

Hi welcome to this web site before I quit using adderall I sourced the web for a forum on how to quit using adderall this web site and the members are fantastic .You made contact now let see if we can address your problem as you already found out adderall is the mother of all legal stimulants it will take your soul its jest a mater of when . If you want to quit using it most come from within you will power is your best tool also commitment there is no easy way that I know of except cold turkey . First step make your commitment to stop usesing the evil pill .

Get some one to help you with your baby for the fist five days ore a week it will be hared to tend to your babys needs when you are withdrawing from adderall you will fell like shit no two ways about it. This web site will give you the support you need Reid it post on it the advanced members all went thru what you will be experiencing. Do not substitute one addiction for a another I mean your adavin you will have the erg to up your bensos when you are in the withdrawal stage of quieting the adderall.

Pick a day get your ducks in order and jest stop.

We are here for you best wishes FALCON

• Like 1

Not sure if my comment post .. but thank you I had withdrawls the last time I can deal with that with coffee an five hour engery .. I am just worried I am going to get more an do it again .. plus it has already taken over my social life .. I use to go out with my friend with our kids an now I rather stay home .. I only been on these for about a month

I am a single mother I don't really have anyone to watch her but I didn't really have a problem taking care of her I was just really tired an depressed but my celexa took off some of the depression .. I have done coke ecstasy I wasrreally hooked on ecstasy but I just stop an never looked back hopefully I can do the same with this .. its a scary feeling when your heartis racing an you feel cloudy

Shorti,

I am going to pray for you.  Please save yourself a life of misery and stop taking this drug immediately.  Yes, it is going to be hard, but it will be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much easier if you stop taking it now and deal with the temporary pain vs. waiting 10 years down the road after it has sucked your life out from under you.  It did the same exact thing to me. Once I got an actual prescription, it took root and my life was no longer "my life". I was a slave to it and nothing else or anyone else for that matter came before it.  It cost me my ex-fiancé, my job, a wrecked car, 2 trips to the ER wrapped up in a near death experience.  I'm telling you girl, it is NOT WORTH IT.  I did coke and ex too.  I used to do everything really.  The more you take, the more you need, and the more dependent you become.  There is never enough and you can either waste your whole life trying to chase that high or you can get clean now and RECOVER.   

I am so happy you posted and recognize this as a problem so early on.  We will help you. Just stay the course with us and lean on the people here for support.

Best wishes!

• Like 4

LILTEX41

Thank you means a lot to me .. I knew I was going to get hooked the moment I took another dose .. I said to myself what are you doing this is not me or who I want to be .. but I have always had depression over thinking things .. be a single mom an not able to work because my mom Is disabled. .. I figured what the hell I can stop anytime I want .. then I thought damn I have to go see my doctor every month an he give me the prescription ... I know I can diffently do it have in the pasted .. just need more support now .. thank you guys

It is definitely no way to live. Find blessings and pleasures in all the small things in life.  

One thing I've done this past week that I've found really enjoyable is to light this jar candle every night. I light it when I eat my meals now as it is soothing and makes me happy.  It reminds me to slowly and mindfully enjoy my meal and savor every bite.  It just makes the atmosphere so pleasant.  I then take it with me and sit it the coffee table for the rest of the evening.  Simple things make me happy today.  :)

Do you have any little pleasures like this you could use during your quit to bring you joy? 

• Like 2

I like to sing .. an I love to sing to my daughter an seeing her smile but mostly I just wanna make her happy .. I can focus on that .. I went to the park the other day only took one 20mg felt great to see her playing with other kids .. she just starting walking .. thank you again your words have helped me a lot I really don't wanna talk to my mother because she will just yell

Shorti125

Your still on the fence should I quit or should I use there is nothing we can say to convince you to stop using adderall its all on you its your choice. The best advice I can give you was on my last post if you want to quit using adderall don’t be scared you will not die. Tell your DR. you want to quit the adderal and not to proscribe it to you any more if the junk is at your disposal it will tempt you it will call out your name and nag you like the devil himself your Dr. will most likely tell you to ween off butt I believe the most successful meted is hard cold Turkey. You will not have any medical issues with cold turkey jest plan old misery. Like I said get your ducks in order and jest do it

Cametment AND WILL POWER.

FALCON

• Like 1