QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Day 38 today! Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I tend to fall off the face of the earth when my add gets bad and I get busy lol. Lunax...you are rocking! 2 days to go! And I'm so proud of you for going to the gym, I need to find the motivation in me. Congrats to everybody we are doing so good :)

• Like 2

D58  :ph34r:

Getting through this with ninja like skills I see, awesome!

@FW - Tomorrow is your half way point, or 3/4 depending on your frame of reference.  Maybe I'll have to look into this fat kid and cake thing; there just may be something to it.

@LL and @SS9 - How are you doing?

• Like 1

Hey Everyone,

Checking in at D57 today, just 3 days away from completing the 60 day challenge! Holy shit where does time go?

Last few days have been quite busy for me hence my lack of participation on here. However I'm happy to report that after a week of binging and eating like shit, I've managed to pull it together and go to the gym three days in a row. It has felt great to start working out again but I am really sore today!

Anyway, even when I'm not posting much (my adhd makes it so hard for me to write stuff) I am still on here frequently. I love my little challenge family...all you guys keep me going. Keep up the good work everyone!

LX

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing work. Keep it up.

So glad you have gotten out of the binge cycle. I had a bad day of it as well, know it sucks. Keep up the good work!!!

Day 38 today! Sorry I haven't been on in awhile, I tend to fall off the face of the earth when my add gets bad and I get busy lol. Lunax...you are rocking! 2 days to go! And I'm so proud of you for going to the gym, I need to find the motivation in me. Congrats to everybody we are doing so good :)

LL! Glad to hear from you beloved! Congrats on day 38! Screw smooth sailing, You are motor boating this thing lol. You're are almost one-third of the way down! 

LL,

You can do it girl. As far as working out, maybe you could start small. Go for a walk around the block a couple times a week..

5 minutes is better than minus 5 minutes. lol. I've been walking on the treadmill 3 times a week for 20 minutes this past week. For me at least, since I'm crap for motivation, once I get started I can feel the buddings of inspiration brewing somewhere deep down. It may help to just get up soon as it crosses your mind to just move. Support & Love girlie! Be Well! 

Day 14/week 2 down!

How are you?

SS9,

3 Cheers to you on  

2 weeks down, Keep owning this...

1 day at a time!!! 

Furthermore, I am well thank you for asking! Lately, I have been extremely busy, suppose it's better than boredom eh? besides staying sober, I'm working more on controlling my anxieties and my eating habits..

How are things in your neck of the woods?? 

I am happy to hear that you are in a good place; you are rocking it out for the whole world to see and I am blessed to have a front row seat!  Work's been a bear this week, can't seem to shake my procrastination habit.  On the plus side, I did just tick off 9 months on Sunday.

Justin,

9 months is huge!!! Congratulations!!

Regarding procrastination, be patient with yourself; no pun intended; but I think for some people, me for example, NOT procrastinating is a learned trait. One thing that is helping me is to move right when a thought occurs, before I get the chance to talk me out of it. Perhaps this may help you. 

• Like 1

Day 38 today! Ate like crap yesterday, I haven't realized how much my eating has increased until recently (I usually wear scrubs most of the time), now my jeans are not wanting to fit . Woke up with no energy and feeling down, let's hope I make it through the day. Congrats to everyone on all their hard work!

• Like 2

@FW - I know I need to be more intentional with the procrastination thing.  Congratulations on 2 weeks down!

@LL - I don't know when you changed your avatar, but LOVE IT!!!  You can make it through today; you've got 38 days down and today is just another day that you will conquer.

Day 38 today! Ate like crap yesterday, I haven't realized how much my eating has increased until recently (I usually wear scrubs most of the time), now my jeans are not wanting to fit . Woke up with no energy and feeling down, let's hope I make it through the day. Congrats to everyone on all their hard work!

Hang in there babe. I had a shitty week last week and I was able to bounce back this week. I know you can too. Don't dwell on it! The weekend is here...get a little healthy food shopping in and take it from there. xoxo

• Like 2

I want to give a HUGE shout out to my girl LUNAX! couldn't be more proud of you. 60 days is a huge accomplishment!!! You go girl! And thank you for keeping me sane as well during hard times lol. Love you sober sister!

Fw- congrats on day 46! You're trucking along beautifully :) thank you for all of your encouragement!

And ss- keep it up you're doing great!

Anyone heard from Kev? I only saw one post so far by him

Checking in today at dat 40! Just had a reality check that it's actually been 40 days since I've had any medicine. It's getting a little tough at work because there are several people coming out telling me that they are on Adderall, I had no idea I thought I was the only one. I would think it would be easy to be around people talking about it but it actually makes it that much harder

• Like 3

First order of business, I'd like to say you did it LuLu! 60 days is so huge and you did it! You owned this challenge like a true champion, I am so proud of you. I wish you much continued success, you did the work and you deserve it. Congratulations!!

Wow LL this just happened to me. It definitely makes it MORE difficult. A co worker recently told me he used to take addy then he came to work a few days later blasted on

Addy. I could tell right away. I happened to make a comment telling him that he was so on the ball today, to which he replied, " I know right, My friend gave me some addy. " I cant believe how fast I reverted to my old ways; In all of two seconds I asked him if he had any more. Luckily, he didn't. And I was so glad he didn't. I don't know if I would have even taken it if he did have another, but now It has me on alert. I suppose in my mind I was thinking well its not like I have a script. That was a couple of days ago, now it leaves me questioning myself and what i'll do the next time this happens. That was the first encounter Ive ever had up close and personal with another addy user. I was ill prepared to handle that situation in a positive manner. Now its something I know I must consider as it just may happen again.

• Like 1

Happy day 61 lunax!! SO proud of you!! You rocked this challenge like a champ! :) Keep it up babe!

Freedom Wings - I'm so glad your coworker didn't have another Adderall...I would hate that for you. But I know exactly where you're coming from. We have to be more aware of how easy it is to come by, and being in situations like that will help us with that awareness. Keep going strong!

Today is day 41 for me...coming along slowly but surely. No energy today. I just joined Weight Watchers to help control my eating and exercise, hopefully that will help motivate me, so we will see how that goes!

I want to give a HUGE shout out to my girl LUNAX! couldn't be more proud of you. 60 days is a huge accomplishment!!! You go girl! And thank you for keeping me sane as well during hard times lol. Love you sober sister!

Fw- congrats on day 46! You're trucking along beautifully :) thank you for all of your encouragement!

And ss- keep it up you're doing great!

Anyone heard from Kev? I only saw one post so far by him

Checking in today at dat 40! Just had a reality check that it's actually been 40 days since I've had any medicine. It's getting a little tough at work because there are several people coming out telling me that they are on Adderall, I had no idea I thought I was the only one. I would think it would be easy to be around people talking about it but it actually makes it that much harder

Hey ll,

I thought I might be able to help you out regarding being comfortable talking about it around other people. I really think that you ought to outright proud of the fact that you're off addy and shouldn't be afraid to let other people at work know that you're done with it, for good. You should be proud that you're in there trucking through work without taking the easy way out. You're doing it the natural way and there's no better way to do it! Also, letting people know that you are addy free for good in a confident manner will make them respect you. I have gotten nothing but respect by telling people that I quit addy for good. It will make it easier for you to say no if it comes up in a situation where a friend offers you one as well.

I would think that working at day 40 would still be extremely tough. I don't think I would have been able to handle a job at day 40 so I want to say congratulations for getting so far! Bottom line, if you truly are serious about getting off for good then who cares if other people take it? Personally, I feel bad for other people that take it. They could be so much better off if they decided to quit and learn to work hard naturally. I often try to reach out to others that I know that take it by sharing my bad experiences, while not trying to persuade them to quit at the same time. That has to be their choice.

Do you ever notice when some people that you know that take adderall act kind of dull and in-genuine? Almost fake sometimes? Well I have other friends that have problems with adderall and I can totally tell when they're on adderall because they just act different. They are much better people off adderall. I enjoy hanging out with them much more when they're on periods of not taking adderall.

Anyways, be proud! You should be! I hope this helped.

Blesbro 

• Like 4