QuittingAdderall.com Forums

Salve All,

Ok..So I didn't think I would make it but I did. Thank God. For Black Friday, which actually at my job started on Thursday evening, I was scheduled to work from 7pm Thursday evening til 4 am Friday morning. Without my all nighter assistant I thought for sure this shift would be an epic fail. I even considered quitting before I went in to work today because I was already exhausted and yawning and the night hadn't even begun. Well I am here to say I rocked it. Even though initially I was super anxious and a bit foggy, eventually I began to get into the rhythm of things and before I knew it it was 1 o clock! Then, to sweeten the deal at 3 my boss asked if anyone wanted to call it a night because we were so slow. I immediately chimed in and accepted the offer. And the truth is, I'm home now and I'm really not even all that exhausted. Just thought I'd share my experience, esp in an effort to stay close to this site. Off to relax for the night. Hope everyone had an amazing holiday! Blessings!

Be Well!

Fw

• Like 2

It's crazy how we psyche ourselves into thinking we will not survive certain situations without the help of the evil little pill. I'm glad you fought through your long shift and realized it wasn't as bad as you had anticipated.

Adderall has been on my mind the last few days because I have major things going on in my life right now...wedding in two months, officially became a homeowner on Monday, and I have a job offer which I am strongly considering. I had a moment the other day where I thought to myself "this would be so much easier if I were on adderall"...but I know that's the furthest thing from the truth. I know that if I did this to myself again, I would end up no where fast. So I just shake those thoughts out of my head and continue fighting the fight towards being clean and free.

• Like 3

It's crazy how we psyche ourselves into thinking we will not survive certain situations without the help of the evil little pill. I'm glad you fought through your long shift and realized it wasn't as bad as you had anticipated.

Adderall has been on my mind the last few days because I have major things going on in my life right now...wedding in two months, officially became a homeowner on Monday, and I have a job offer which I am strongly considering. I had a moment the other day where I thought to myself "this would be so much easier if I were on adderall"...but I know that's the furthest thing from the truth. I know that if I did this to myself again, I would end up no where fast. So I just shake those thoughts out of my head and continue fighting the fight towards being clean and free.

Couldn't have said this better myself :) I have those days too where I think it would be so much easier with adderall. But looking at how far I've come I would never want to go back to that lifestyle. Yes I'm gaining weight and have the appetite of a gorilla, but with a little exercise and some better self control I will turn that around.

Lunax you are doing so awesome, to have that many life stressors at once is hard. So proud if you girl! Keep thinking those positive thoughts! Xoxo

• Like 1

Congratulations LL!  The 3 of you have now rocked 60+ days and left a log of the adventure for the whole internet to see and provide encouragement for those who are just starting the journey.  I hope that this process has been enlightening for you and I wish you the best during the next 60, 120, 180, etc. days.  Thank you for showing everyone that it can be done and thank you for your contributions to our community.  You are very special people.

• Like 4

Salve All,

Ok..So I didn't think I would make it but I did. Thank God. For Black Friday, which actually at my job started on Thursday evening, I was scheduled to work from 7pm Thursday evening til 4 am Friday morning. Without my all nighter assistant I thought for sure this shift would be an epic fail. I even considered quitting before I went in to work today because I was already exhausted and yawning and the night hadn't even begun. Well I am here to say I rocked it. Even though initially I was super anxious and a bit foggy, eventually I began to get into the rhythm of things and before I knew it it was 1 o clock! Then, to sweeten the deal at 3 my boss asked if anyone wanted to call it a night because we were so slow. I immediately chimed in and accepted the offer. And the truth is, I'm home now and I'm really not even all that exhausted. Just thought I'd share my experience, esp in an effort to stay close to this site. Off to relax for the night. Hope everyone had an amazing holiday! Blessings!

Be Well!

Fw

I just wanted to point out how big of a step it was that you considered quitting your job (is what I assume you meant) as a response to the anxiety. That is major because it shows how important your quit is to you. It's natural to think of adderall in those situations....it's just what you do with those thoughts, and you fought through them.....yesssss!
  • Like 2

Congratulations to all 4 of you gals for your courage and determination. You have set this forum ablaze with optimism and hope for people of the future who need a little inspiration to get started.

I wish you all continued success. I am happy for you. You are miracles!

• Like 2

Congratulations to all 4 of you gals for your courage and determination. You have set this forum ablaze with optimism and hope for people of the future who need a little inspiration to get started.

I wish you all continued success. I am happy for you. You are miracles!

Thank you thank you Jon. It's nice to have you in our challenge cheering us on!

Shall we move onto the next challenge Madam FW?

Might I propose a more existential challenge than counting days?  You have proven that you can stick out the time, now how about some sort of challenge toward learning to live life again?  I don't know what that would look like, but I think that it would be a challenge that each one of us could find a benefit from participation.  Just thinking out loud here, you can disregard it if you like.  In no way am I trying to discourage a 120 day challenge because you know I will be there cheering you on!

• Like 2

Lulu, Justin

I like the sound of that. I was thinking of a sub section or forum called " The iPledge Challenge!!" where we make personal pledges and follow up as to how we are meeting our goals. They could be short or long term health, school, career, play, or just simple life or day to day related challenges, aimed at getting back to living life fully and from a healthy place. Any suggestions? What does everyone think??

• Like 2

I find that sleep is such an issue in regards to my mental well being.  If I don't get enough sleep (I shoot for 9 hours), I get depressed and start with the bad thoughts.  I hope that you can find a solution to your sleep issues so you can get on with your life.  I'll be praying for you.

Like the new pic.

Sleep is so very essential to our well being jus, and right now im not getting any and not for lack of trying. I really don't want a sleeping pill but I dont know what else to do. Ive tried melatonin, zquil, and unisom and nothing. Now the bad thoughts and anxiety are rearing. Trying hard to fight it still, but it's hard to cope with no rest. This certainly is not a linear process. Argh..Tx for keeping me in your prayers.

• Like 2