QuittingAdderall.com Forums

adderall and relationships

kori

Sadly my beautiful girlfriend broke it off with me. Around the time I quit adderall. Aderall turned me into a zombie I was always making excuses to not hang out with her because I had to "work" (getting high on addys). I was staying up all night smoking a lot and was an unhealthy mess. I really don't blame her but I do miss her.  

I really don't think I can be in a relationship as i'm still fairly fragile. 

• Like 3

My relationship is a lot better now that I'm off adderall. Adderall made me averse to being touched or feeling emotions. I looked forward to the days and nights my boyfriend had other plans because I would have the house to myself to hyperfocus on projects and then drink a bottle of wine at night. I was also constantly starting arguments and getting in fights over dumb stuff, like I would spend all day cleaning (by choice, because adderall made me a clean freak) and then get mad at my BF when he got home because he didn't pitch in on the cleaning. Even though I knew it was stupid, I couldn't control my angry outbursts on adderall. Pretty much everything about our relationship is 10x better since I quit, except for the house being a little messier :)

• Like 4

Cat,

That is SO how I was in regards to looking forward to my ex being busy or even going to bed at night because I would stay up and do crossword puzzled at all hours of the night. How bizzare is that?! I was so cold to him.

Zerokewl,

I too ruined my relationship, hence, why he is my ex. I was so angry with him at the time, but once I got off of adderall, I saw how erratic and crazy my behavior was. No wonder our relationship fell apart! I called him right before I quit to make amends even though he had moved on and was engaged. It felt like something I needed to do, and he asked, "what is adderall?"

Anyway kori, to answer your question, my relationships have improved tenfold since quitting adderall with my family, dating life, and friends. How can someone be close to someone on adderall who tends to be cold and unfeeling? I wonder if anyone on this site would say their relationships didn't improve. I highly doubt it. Adderall made me put up a wall that couldn't be broken down. I didn't care enough.

• Like 4

On Adderall I was argumentative and always had to get in the last word. I used to argue with my husband about political issues and other topics about which I knew little. But I was always adamant that I was right even if my logic didn't make sense. It was probably like arguing with someone who doesn't believe in global warming. My husband says the biggest change in our relationship has been my attitude improving since I quit Adderall.

• Like 2